Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you watch Six Nations in Melbourne?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 6:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Any good bars either in the city centre or inner surburbs that will be showing the matches?Seeing them live would be great but the time diff I guess will make them be played the next day.

This isn't a sports discussion,but a where to watch sports discussion :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

When does it start?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

tHE INTERNATIONAL BAR UP ON EXHIBITION IS A GOOD BET.

Had capslock on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Feb 7th is first match against France.

nice one,won't feel so guilty when I'm watching a match pissed at 2 in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

"A second man was wearing a red long-sleeved Adidas football jumper with a Carlsberg logo."

That could be any team!!

Feckin scumbags should be deported.

Feckin scumbags should be dearly departed.

Steady now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 woodyout

hey, i just rang bridie o'reillys pub on little collins street in melbourne cbd, they will be showing the england v italy game for sure and they told me that if there was a big enough crowd they'd stay open for the irish game, so get everyone you know and get in there!

Come on Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

woodyout wrote: »
    hey, i just rang bridie o'reillys pub on little collins street in melbourne cbd, they will be showing the england v italy game for sure and they told me that if there was a big enough crowd they'd stay open for the irish game, so get everyone you know and get in there!

Come on Ireland!

will be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 woodyout

also the Charles Dickens pub off collins st is deffinitely showing it aswell, just rang them and they confirmed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobooo

Walked passed a bar called the celtic club down near the vic markets today i think its on queen street. the number 30 tram from parlement will take you outside the door... guys im havin serious trouble gettin a job any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mobooo wrote: »
    Walked passed a bar called the celtic club down near the vic markets today i think its on queen street. the number 30 tram from parlement will take you outside the door... guys im havin serious trouble gettin a job any tips?

I heard this place will definatley be showing it if anywhere does.

Sorry Moboo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

One of the lads I know John Shanahan says he'll have the game on his gaf in Kildas and all are welcome!

Zambia232 wrote: »
    I heard this place will definatley be showing it if anywhere does.

Sorry Moboo

Yes but its a complete sh1thole. Look for alternatives imo, i went here last year. Wont go again tbh!

woodyout wrote: »

Come on Ireland!

Good stuff. count me in, with bells on!

kick off aint till 4am so what you all think is the latest i can get to bridies and still get in as going to party before hand?

Dont wanna get a taxi the whole way down to find out its not on in collins street. do you think it will def be on?

yeeha, great start to the six nations! Bridie's was jammed last night so I'm sure they will be showing the next game aswell. Good place to watch it if you don't mind everyone being completely smashed - 5 in the morning though, what do ya expect!

I must admit i was one of them. what a great night those bloody french guys were so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know will it the game be on tonight in Bridie's?

• Advertisement

Anyone know will it the game be on tonight in Bridie's?

yeah on lt collins st, just gave them a ring to make sure. Pj obriens in southgate is definitely not showing it, was in there earlier having an afternoon one and they will be closed at that stage.

Was in Bridies last weekend a couple of hours before the Scotland game and the place was disgustingly busy. Everyone was messy and feral. Went home and listened to it on RTE radio webcast instead. So does anyone know if there is any other places showing it that might have a bit more controlled/pleasant atmosphere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andy87

is that the only pub thats showing the Ireland Wales match??

andy87 wrote: »
    is that the only pub thats showing the Ireland Wales match??

This thread is 4 years old. Things may have changed since then. Probably best to start a new thread?

This thread is 4 years old. Things may have changed since then. Probably best to start a new thread?

Ha ha ha, things have changed alright! I'm long home from oz,married, in a new house, and a baba on the way! Was funny reading back on those posts, good memories and fun in Melbourne and a big Irish rugby crowd. Hope you enjoy watching the matches, there shouldn't be a prob finding a pub

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Where are the rest of ye watching this ?

Also the game is 2.30 am sat here ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

nerd69 wrote: »
    Where are the rest of ye watching this ?

Also the game is 2.30 am sat here ya?

12.30 in Melbourne/Sydney ESPN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Not sure bridies will have sound for the game?? They might have a band on??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

The Charles Dickens Tavern on Collins will be showing it. The Turf bar on Queen St. will probably be closing early but worth giving them a call to check. The latter is a base for Melbourne Rebels supporters club and is good spot to watch S15 & Wallabies games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Post up here where yere goin it'd be nice to head somewhere there will be a group of Irish or welsh

Advertisement