Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Help] Dvd burning/Authoring - NTSC -> Pal ?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've got an NTSC DVD on my hard drive that I want to burn but I'm having problems. When I try to burn it to a DVD +R (Verbatim) my computer ejects it and I get a message to insert an appropriate disc. I'm trying to burn then DVD with Nero using Recode . I have DVD-R discs and it will burn it on to them, however, my DVD players don't recognise this. They're quite newish I'd say and they play other DVD-/+ R discs fine, discs I've made myself in NeroVision and also Recode Burned discs....

I know that DVD players now playback NTSC and modern Televisions playback NTSC but my players aren't reading the discs - one of them just says it's blank, the other kind of gives me some broken/skipped audio but nothing coherant.

The disc did burn fine as it's playing back in Nero Show Time.
    Any tips with burning to DVD+R and being able to playback on my DVd players ?

Cheers , any help's much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

The ntsc dvd that is on you computer is it one file or a dvd in the VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folder structure?

How big is the dvd on the computer - could it be that it's > 4.3gig and the blanks you are using are standard dvd-5 disks (i.e only hold 4.3gig)?

I remember coming across a similar problem with nero burning the audio/video _Ts folders to a disk that i needed to need to use the DVD-ROM (udf/iso) setting. And burn at the slowest speed.

[edit]found a link that helped me when i was stuck before http://dvdshrink.info/nero-udf-iso.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Cheers, it was the the VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folder structure.
    It's somehow fixed itself I think :confused: The folder altogether was about 3gigs give or take and it definately wouldn't burn to a DVD-R yesterday and today it's burned to a DVD+R and it's workin in my players grand.

I've a feeling I must have selected something yesterday in recode that I shouldn't have and then today it's gone back to default. I may have selected "burn at once" as the DVD isn't for me and was only making the one copy, that could've been it. But it's fine now , very wierd.

DVD burning and authoring can be very tricky sometimes. I've not used DVDShrink before but I know it's there if I do need it but for the minute I'm just finding my way around Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

why do you need to most tvs can play back ntsc. If they cant some dvd players have ntsc output

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭joeking

did you get that problem solved? if your stuff i can convert most any disc region and ntsc/pal./secam and ntsc j.
    be glad to help. joe

Advertisement