Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sesame sticks/ pistachio nuts ?!!

• 15-01-2009 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey ,

Just wondering if you guys know the fat content of these? i love sesame sticks , but dont know hoe fattening or how many calories are in them. I started eating pistachio nuts cause i didn't think there were that fatty as other nuts like peanuts and thought they had a lower ww points but again im not so sure ...

Any one know ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The info is usually on the packets. Then you need a small scales to see how much you are eating.

Then plug the figures in here
    http://points.ogo.ms/

Nothing special about pistachios, most nuts are high in fat & protein, and so very high in points. It is a shame that this can steer WW point counters away from such a great food, which I ate a lot of to lose fat.

Pistachio values might be skewed, I expect they include the shells in the weight, so maybe look for shelled values on google. Sesame sticks will vary brand to brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Sesame sticks are very high fat and high carb, and not recommended. Sesame seeds are much better. Still high fat, but much better for you.

Nuts are a high fat food, no getting away from that, but it's a good fat. WW points are not the best way of looking at all foods, it concentrates too much on fat content, so things like nuts and salmon have higher points than more junky foods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I love Pistaccios and on WW it is 13 or 15 nuts for 1 point, a lot less than say peanuts. As they do work properly towards warding off hunger pangs, for me anyway, the point on nuts saves me maybe 3 or 4 on a choccie biccie. Pack I have in front of me at the moment says 606kcal per 100g and 8g of saturated fat. That's the Harvest Fare 250g bag, though it doesn't say with or without shells. Good healthy wholesome food, yummy :D
    Not sure about sesame sticks, I love them but made assumption they are high so avoid them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

barbiegirl wrote: »
    on WW it is 13 or 15 nuts for 1 point, a lot less than say peanuts....
    Pack I have in front of me at the moment says 606kcal per 100g and 8g of saturated fat.
    That info sounds similar to standard peanuts so the calories & points should be similar per 100g.

Dunno if you mean per nut peanuts are more, I prefer weighing stuff to be accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Yep to weighing just when I'm on the run I have to estimate :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement