Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying an Eagle?

• 15-01-2009 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I seen an activity on an RTE program last night where a woman was brought out "Flying an Eagle" basically allowing it to fly away and then return to your arm. Does anyone know where to do this in the North-west as I would love to bring my Dad out to try this.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

stmochtas wrote: »
    I seen an activity on an RTE program last night where a woman was brought out "Flying an Eagle" basically allowing it to fly away and then return to your arm. Does anyone know where to do this in the North-west as I would love to bring my Dad out to try this.

Thanks in Advance

There are plenty of places available to sample falconry in ireland but as far as i know your best bet to have a look at golden eagles first hand would be glenveagh estate in donegal..heres a link that may be worth investigating and could open further doors;

http://www.brilliantireland.com/products/inc_productdetails.cfm/product_key/26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭John Griffin

My friend Tommy runs a Falconary center in Carlow and he has a Golden Eagle. If you look for Golden eagle V's Hare you will see Tommy's bird. She has been used by the BBC and David Attenborough in their documentaries.
    www.woodlandsfalconry.com

Advertisement