Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

official presidential (of USA) portrait taken with a digital camera

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

What a job he has in front of him.....
    Compare this shot with one that will be taken in 4 or 5 years time & the man will age so fast with stress & sleepless nights....

Bush
    2000289107887_bd481fa57f.jpg2008bush%20tears%20-%204.8.08.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

According to the EXIF, taken with a 5D Mark 2 .... oh my god, i just passed into "uber-nerd" territory :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Arciphel wrote: »
    According to the EXIF, taken with a 5D Mark 2 .... oh my god, i just passed into "uber-nerd" territory :eek:

HAHAHA well spotted anyway!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I guess its not too surprising. The last official portrait was taken 8 years ago. State of the art back then was probably the nikon D-1, with an almost 3 MP sensor ... Things have come on since then :-)

Interestingly enough, even back then people were earnestly maintaining that digital had film completely trumped :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

A small bit of background info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I guess its not too surprising. The last official portrait was taken 8 years ago. State of the art back then was probably the nikon D-1, with an almost 3 MP sensor ... Things have come on since then :-)

Interestingly enough, even back then people were earnestly maintaining that digital had film completely trumped :D

From the article:
    It is the first time that an official presidential portrait was taken with a digital camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭feileacan

is it me or is obama's face a bit squint?

i dont think its that a good a photo (IMHO), bit too severe looking - but i guess he has to look like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's even better over at strobist. They've been reverse-engineering the light setup for it since yesterday! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

noblestee wrote: »
    From the article:

?? I know, thats why I wrote what I did ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

challnge can you link to that...

I dont like the picture of him, ok technically I dont have a problem, I don't particularily like the background, just looks like a blank wall with a flag in front and he is extremely photogenic and this just doesnt look nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

feileacan wrote: »
    is it me or is obama's face a bit squint?

i dont think its that a good a photo (IMHO), bit too severe looking - but i guess he has to look like that...

I'd say coz he's hardly smiling... Suppose he had vaseline on his teeth 24/7 during the elections in order to get some extra votes :)

I do think it's strange it's the first time they use digital considering they have been around at decent quality for quit a few years now??

I wonder when the first photo of the "first puppy" will appear, since it seems to be the most important thing in the media concering Obama at this stage... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3387309/Barack-Obama-puppy-to-follow-in-pawprints-of-presidential-pets.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

l pearse wrote: »
    Compare this shot with one that will be taken in 4 or 5 years time & the man will age so fast with stress & sleepless nights....

Bush

No matter what the camera they were using (imo they were probably shooting film in zero one), he still looks fairly battered with plenty more wrinkles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

l pearse wrote: »

Bush

No matter what the camera they were using (imo they were probably shooting film in zero one), he still looks fairly battered with plenty more wrinkles

Advertisement