Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Page jumping in Firefox

Options
  • 15-01-2009 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

One page on my site has just 1 paragraph of text and the other has 10 paragraphs, causing the scollbars too appear.

The scrollbars make the page layout jump (because they dont appear when not needed)

Is there a simple fix for this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

One page on my site has just 1 paragraph of text and the other has 10 paragraphs, causing the scollbars too appear.

The scrollbars make the page layout jump (because they dont appear when not needed)

Is there a simple fix for this ?

Thanks

You could set a minimum height for the page with only one paragraph?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Thats just an example, it's going to vary from page to page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

grahamor wrote: »
    Thats just an example, it's going to vary from page to page.

Does that make a difference? Assuming you have a Contents Div used on all pages, set the min-height to something that works for the design in your CSS stylesheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

I found this on the Drupal forum, so i think it will help me.

add the following HTML at the end of your page just before the closing body element.
    <div id="mozscroll">&nbsp;</div>

Then add this CSS code to your style sheet:
    #mozscroll { position: absolute; top: 0px; bottom: -1px; visibility: hidden } /* Force vertical scrollbar in Gecko browsers */

Advertisement