Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March Start date

• 15-01-2009 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just got the call! Hope to hear from more of you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Woooo hooo!!!

Congrats!! Are you really excited?? :D:D:D:D

Fingers crossed for a few more today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

congrats big lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Congratulations pal. :D

Looks like the medical appeal came through in time after all.

MrFug could well be joining you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

Cheers folks, nightmare of a process but I suppose its all worth it when you get the call whilst on the loo, no better place!

Cheers folks, nightmare of a process but I suppose its all worth it when you get the call whilst on the loo, no better place!

Tooooo much info.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

PandaPants wrote: »
    Tooooo much info.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I concur! :eek:

well from here on in, its all about detail!

just gotta tell my manager now, eek. This will come as a surprise to them!

well from here on in, its all about detail!

just gotta tell my manager now, eek. This will come as a surprise to them!
    Handing in your notice is such an awesome feeling! :D

I left work last week and this week has flown in! Unemployment is awesome. :D

Are you just taking it easy for a while then?
    Is it Feb you start?
    What did you have for breakfast? (Well since Im asking a loada questions why not!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Is it Feb you start?
    What did you have for breakfast? (Well since Im asking a loada questions why not!)
    porridge beats everything. though it has left a nasty taste in the mouth. even though it wasnt directed at me, why not get a loada answers back!!!

• Advertisement

Is it Feb you start?

Aye, starting 1st Feb. I'm having a week off, then off on holiday on Tuesday. God knows when I'll next get a holiday so I have to get my priorities right. Work or holiday? Tough choice. LOL

I haven't have breakfast yet, I'm still in bed. I repeat - unemployment is awesome! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cooper1980

i just got the call..................... whooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

cooper1980 wrote: »
    i just got the call..................... whooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Woooo Hoooo!!! Congrats. :D:D

Whooooooo Hoooooooo indeed. Congratulations buddy. :D

Your merit number isn't too far from mine (120-150 non-RC). Now I'm very very nervous. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

Congrats to everyone, hopefully there are more to follow. Ill see yous all up there for a pint maybe :D:D

carlty888 wrote: »

Your merit number isn't too far from mine (120-150 non-RC). Now I'm very very nervous. :eek:

I REALLY hope the next "I'm in" post comes from you. Fingers, legs, eyes and toes crossed for you!!! Keep your phone handy.

Oursole wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone, hopefully there are more to follow. Ill see yous all up there for a pint maybe :D:D

Will we get to meet them?? I thought we would be finishing by the time they start, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 silver_x

count me in too yessssssssssssss

silver_x wrote: »
    count me in too yessssssssssssss

Well done!! :D:D

What's your background and merit number?? (Just wanted to get in before Carlty) ;)

I REALLY hope the next "I'm in" post comes from you. Fingers, legs, eyes and toes crossed for you!!! Keep your phone handy.

Awww shucks. :o

The phone's on full volume with vibrate set to maximum. :D

• Advertisement

Well done!! :D:D

What's your background and merit number?? (Just wanted to get in before Carlty) ;)

RC <140. I already know it. :p

vibrate set to maximum. :D

Oooohh-errrr. Is that to cheer you up in case it doesn't ring?? ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lol your on the ball, fingers crossed for you :)

Oooohh-errrr. Is that to cheer you up in case it doesn't ring?? ;)

:rolleyes::D

Problem is that it'll only vibrate if I get a call!!! ;)

:rolleyes::D

Problem is that it'll only vibrate if I get a call!!! ;)

<Thanks the lord she doesn't have Carltys number> That's one phone call I could do without.... :rolleyes:

silver_x wrote: »
    lol your on the ball, fingers crossed for you :)

Cheers.

Thankfully you didn't have too many posts for me to trawl through to get your merit etc. :D

<Thanks the lord she doesn't have Carltys number> That's one phone call I could do without.... :rolleyes:

You know you' love it. :D

You know you' love it. :D

I know. I know. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cooper1980

Woooo Hoooo!!! Congrats. :D:D

thanks guys.cant believe it.phone rang & i didnt hear it but nice lady left me a message.lol.

cartly glue your phone to your hand cos our merit numbers & background are so close.........

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

I got the call, can't believe it.This is the most amazing feeling ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the call, can't believe it.This is the most amazing feeling ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. The calls are coming thick and fast today! :D I'm sure you're on cloud nine at the moment.

Congrats. The calls are coming thick and fast today! :D I'm sure you're on cloud nine at the moment.

My merit score is around 120 N/RC so fingers crossed for you.

They wanted me to start on 1 Feb but I need to give notice to my old job, not that I will be doing any work from now on!!

They wanted me to start on 1 Feb but I need to give notice to my old job, not that I will be doing any work from now on!!

Cheers bud. If I don't get a call for the March intake, at least I know I'm not far off it. I still have it in my mind that I'm more likely to get called for April or May.

I'm sure it crossed your mind just to take the February start and forget about giving notice. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

So if I am just over 100 Non RC should I be expecting a call? I have completely lost track of who has what merit and background...

• Advertisement

So I am worried now...

My merit is just over 100 Non RC and i've still not had a call... :mad: why would Non RC's with bigger numbers than me get calls before me?

Arrrgggghhh this process is awful!:p

DownMTBer wrote: »
    So if I am just over 100 Non RC should I be expecting a call? I have completely lost track of who has what merit and background...

I would have thought you would have heard already. Cooper1980 and PC Inwaiting are both non-RC around 120. I'm fairly confident that you'll hear soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

thanks guys.cant believe it.phone rang & i didnt hear it but nice lady left me a message.lol.

cartly glue your phone to your hand cos our merit numbers & background are so close.........

well done cooper-PC in waiting, Carlty I can feel your good news coming soon!!!! Congrats to all! Really pleased for ya's!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

DownMTber... There's no way of knowing what order they are calling people in. They could have pooled the candidates for March into one list and are working down it alphabetically. Don't be worrying just yet!

... unless your surname is Aadvark or something.

CONGRATS to everyone who got the call, you lucky sods. Not jealous, really. :(:D

• Advertisement

squirrel81 wrote: »
    DownMTber... There's no way of knowing what order they are calling people in. They could have pooled the candidates for March into one list and are working down it alphabetically. Don't be worrying just yet!

... unless your surname is Aadvark or something.

How'd you know that was my surname!!!?? :eek:

Hehe seriously tho... you know what its like squirrel! Can't help but be worried :confused:

Gotta get on tho! I have work to do! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Well done to everybody who got the call. Jealous really you know!

Looks like there's gonna be alot less people on here speculating, wondering, hoping ...

Hope a few more get calls - remember some of us still in vetting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

well done all you lucky sods!!
    DownMTBer has your vetting cleared?
    I think they really need an RC in the 400's to balance the March intake up a bit;)

OH MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST GOT THE CALL, I AM SHAKING SO HARD. :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D CRYING IN WORK LIKE A BIG FOOL :P

OH MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST GOT THE CALL, I AM SHAKING SO HARD. :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D CRYING IN WORK LIKE A BIG FOOL :P
    well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

Well done everybody!!!! :D:pac::)

I know exactly how you feel, my shaking has just stopped, well done.

See you at the hotel.

Congratulations Squirrel. I'm really pleased for you. :D

Now I'm really freaking!!! :eek: You're merit number was higher than mine!

Maybe, just maybe! :rolleyes:

Carlty, Id resigned myself to April/May, thinking all the calls would have gone out. That call is coming your way mate! jeez, im petrified. :eek: :D Havent told anyone yet, waiting till my hubby picks me up from work to tell him. :P

Congratulations everyone, see you all at the Big G!

• Advertisement
Advertisement