Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March Start date

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

I consider myself reprimanded. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

DownMTBer wrote: »
    Yeah I'm getting more cash too. Which is nice... but I wouldn't care too much as long as it paid my bills.

I think a lunch would be a nice idea since its a limited amount of time (as we'd have to get back to work) and there wouldn't be too much booze involved.

You's can all send me a PM if ur interested in a lunch meet to celebrate getting the call and leaving our jobs and I'll try and organise something :)

So you are not only the board liasion officer but now party planner, a man/woman of many talents :):):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

squirrel81 wrote: »
    what have you heard? :o lol ;)
    Not into any of that nonsense so you can keep your sleaze to yourself Mr Fug.

I actually typed Mr Fun by mistake there. Maybe it was a freudian slip and I really would be delighted to accept the invitation :eek:

Lol... i never told him I promise!! :D

Let me know what you's all think about lunch anyhow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

Do you think we'll get a part paypacket at the end of march or for a full month's? Hoping for the latter :p

Yeah we will get paid, I read it somewhere in the pack.

If you start after the 15th you don't get paid until the following month!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah we will get paid, I read it somewhere in the pack.

If you start after the 15th you don't get paid until the following month!!:eek:

I think she means whether we'll get paid for 3 weeks or the full month even though we're starting a week into the month. :)

I think she means whether we'll get paid for 3 weeks or the full month even though we're starting a week into the month. :)

yeah, but also, in some places they have a certain date, so that you only get paid for what you have worked up until then. Ie. we could end up with 1 weeks pay and working the rest in lieu. Sorry, that just sounds really confusing :confused: Better save some money this month just in case :eek:

Yeah, it's gonna be tough. I finish my current job on the 27th Feb, and won't be paid by the PSNI til the end of March. A full month without a wage should make things, interesting. :(

Good luck to you guys with spouses, a mortgage and kids. eek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Is ****** coming?'

is your surename what i think it is? i thought it might have meant, co. down, and a MTBer. from a different post. not ******

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I'm just off the phone with a lovely girl in External Appointments. She rang the central pay section for me and assures me that if we start on the 8th, we will receive our pay at the end of the month and will not have to work any weeks in lieu first. 3 weeks work = 3 weeks pay. That's a relief! :cool:

• Advertisement

carlty888 wrote: »
    I'm just off the phone with a lovely girl in External Appointments. She rang the central pay section for me and assures me that if we start on the 8th, we will receive our pay at the end of the month and will not have to work any weeks in lieu first. 3 weeks work = 3 weeks pay. That's a relief! :cool:

we can always rely on you Carlty! Thats fab news :) Cheers for ringing. How come they are always so nice to you on the phone?!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Seriously Carlty, You've far too much time on your hands :D

They're always nice to me because I ooze charm. :rolleyes:

Too much time on my hands?! Probably. :P
    I had to ask though. I needed to know whether or not to set aside some cash from my February paypacket. Thankfully I don't have to.

Oh yeah most of you get paid monthly, which shouldn't work out too bad. I'm an unsalaried peasant and get my wages weekly, which means this months pay will be GONE by the time the month ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Awww *tear* that's very sweet of you both :p

Seriously though... I enterred a voice meeting with the US at work once and they didn't enter and I heard someone say 'Is ****** coming?' and someone else replied 'Yes she should be here soon'!! :mad:

Also... when I was in primary school a girl liked me (just the one) and wanted to go out with me but then asked me my name and when I told her she ran away and never spoke to me again! :(

Haha, well apparently people like it now so its all good! :D

Awh poor you. Bet its Ashly??

Awww *tear* that's very sweet of you both :p

Seriously though... I enterred a voice meeting with the US at work once and they didn't enter and I heard someone say 'Is ****** coming?' and someone else replied 'Yes she should be here soon'!! :mad:

Also... when I was in primary school a girl liked me (just the one) and wanted to go out with me but then asked me my name and when I told her she ran away and never spoke to me again! :(

Haha, well apparently people like it now so its all good! :D

Awh poor you. Bet its Ashly??

Actually you'd be suprised how close you are :D

Anyway nuff said (considering i friggin posted it earlier on the forum and it took Sir Carlty to wise me up! :eek:)

Here's a question for all you guys and gals...

What's the craic with St Patrick's? Isn't that a statutory holiday? You think we'll get it off or maybe a day in lieu?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Actually you'd be suprised how close you are :D

Anyway nuff said (considering i friggin posted it earlier on the forum and it took Sir Carlty to wise me up! :eek:)

Here's a question for all you guys and gals...

What's the craic with St Patrick's? Isn't that a statutory holiday? You think we'll get it off or maybe a day in lieu?? :confused:

Yes you'll be off on St Patricks Day!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ryzo

so how's the runnning club going then? what sort of standard are the rest of us gonna have to keep up with?

Ryzo wrote: »
    so how's the runnning club going then? what sort of standard are the rest of us gonna have to keep up with?

I'm thinking if u can walk... then ur about there :D

The hassel us girls have to put up with...:mad:

In the gym trying to improve on my running and I have this greepy old dude watching me, making comments here and there. A man would never have to put up with this.

If he only knew what I was training for that would shut him up.

He is so close to getting a smack in the mouth.

• Advertisement

In the gym trying to improve on my running and I have this greepy old dude watching me, making comments here and there. A man would never have to put up with this.

Aww that sucks! I hate that cos its so off putting - well i imagine it is! I hardly have girls letching over me when i'm sweatin my ass off in my rugby kit in the gym :rolleyes:

You should come to my gym instead... me and Cooper both use it... although I've yet to actually see her there :D

I really don't understand it, I go to the gym looking a mess. I throw anything on, my dad things he is just lonely. I feeling like I am being groomed.

Its a good thing I have a good sport's bra, otherwise I would really give him a show lol:p

I really don't understand it, I go to the gym looking a mess. I throw anything on, my dad things he is just lonely. I feeling like I am being groomed.

Its a good thing I have a good sport's bra, otherwise I would really give him a show lol:p

LOL Yeah i've no idea what that's like but I imagine it must be hard to workout when u have errr not sure how to put that in a non blokey sexist kinda way*... but you get my point :D

*Oh I know how to put it... 'when you require a good quality sports bra' :P

To be honest I think girls can look really attractive when they're working out, but its still not acceptable to be letching and making comments.

If he was just to glance at you and think to himself 'wow she looks hot' then you mightn't mind so much, but to make you uncomfortable like that really isn't fair :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jumping jack

Look Im really sorry I made you feel that way. I truely am...................... but what can I say you've got a great ass!!!!!

Look Im really sorry I made you feel that way. I truely am...................... but what can I say you've got a great ass!!!!!

Hahaha that made me laugh, thanks I needed that.:):D

Although everyone in my office thinks I am a weirdo now.

Hahaha that made me laugh, thanks I needed that.:):D

Although everyone in my office thinks I am a weirdo now.

Yeah made me laugh too :)

Top marks for the humour my friend. I'm getting funny looks in the office too. People are wondering what the joke is. Hehe. I'm not gonna tell 'em. :P

Jumping jack - are you in the Blue Squad, I can't remember. I hope so, I will need as much laughter as possible.:D

Jumping jack - are you in the Blue Squad, I can't remember. I hope so, I will need as much laughter as possible.:D

Yeah Im there Blue as Blue can be. Can't wait to get started!!

• Advertisement

Excellant, glad to hear it.

How is your running going, as bad as mine I hope.:P

I'll not lie to you I like training, but Im not as fit as I use to be. I run between 3 - 6 miles 3 times a week at the min, at about an 8 - 9min/mile pace depending. And I try to fit other training in as well when I have time. But I think everyone will be fine we're all just building it up in our heads at the min and make the unknown worse than it maybe. I think or maybe Im just full of it!!!

I'll not lie to you I like training, but Im not as fit as I use to be. I run between 3 - 6 miles 3 times a week at the min, at about an 8 - 9min/mile pace depending. And I try to fit other training in as well when I have time. But I think everyone will be fine we're all just building it up in our heads at the min and make the unknown worse than it maybe. I think or maybe Im just full of it!!!

Oh no your one of them that likes exercise. 6 miles:eek::eek::eek: good god, how do you manage that.

Well done you, I hope to come out the other side of this training super fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Older

I drove 6 miles to a gym once....

Got scared and drove home!

No seriously i'm trying my best to increase the fitness but i think i'll need guidance! I ran for 30mins non stop last weekend. Then warmed down with a few 2 min runs ( all on threadmill) I'm now thinking that it was too much too soon so im doing 15min runs at 14km/h and then two 3min runs after and i'll try increase to 20mins etc. also trying to mix it with exercise bike and normal walking! To be honest i'd do anything if it gets me fit but i just dont know whats best for me yet. I'm hoping PE will point us all in the right direction??
    Or is that leaving it too late?

You could at least lie in order to make us feel better.

I could learn to hate you and your stamina. :mad: :P

I (really) struggle with 3 miles, nevermind 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

you know what i found really inspirational.

run fatboy run

with that english guy and his hot black wife. oh my she is hot. but the way he talks about hitting a wall n all, i think of it when i run, so i can run past that wall. i know its a movie, but its true lol. so i was able to run 5k in 30mins no sweat! i hit my wall at 10 minutes lol. the curry half n half kicked in, but i just kept going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Older wrote: »
    I drove 6 miles to a gym once....

Got scared and drove home!

No seriously i'm trying my best to increase the fitness but i think i'll need guidance! I ran for 30mins non stop last weekend. Then warmed down with a few 2 min runs ( all on threadmill) I'm now thinking that it was too much too soon so im doing 15min runs at 14km/h and then two 3min runs after and i'll try increase to 20mins etc. also trying to mix it with exercise bike and normal walking! To be honest i'd do anything if it gets me fit but i just dont know whats best for me yet. I'm hoping PE will point us all in the right direction??
    Or is that leaving it too late?

yeah ill point you in the right direction... just keep at it lol

i always find you just gotta go for as long as you can and when you cant go any farther just go for another 10 seconds. next time make it 15 etc. itll build up slowly but surely!!! atm i can only do bout 3 miles in 26 mins so i have a wee while before im at jumpin jacks standard.

last year i was running great on the treadmill with a good incline too, then as soon as I tried it outside it was completely different. The air in your lungs, the terrain, it was a nogo. The treadmill is too safe, so i havent been near it. More fool me though cos any fitness i did have has now gone to pot!

So, military workout last night :eek: i think im dead. If P.E in GV is anything like that, well its a no hoper for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Big Mac Addict

squirrel81 wrote: »
    last year i was running great on the treadmill with a good incline too, then as soon as I tried it outside it was completely different. The air in your lungs, the terrain, it was a nogo. The treadmill is too safe, so i havent been near it. More fool me though cos any fitness i did have has now gone to pot!

So, military workout last night :eek: i think im dead. If P.E in GV is anything like that, well its a no hoper for me :(

Completely agree! I thought I was going great with the treadmill runs so decided to take this outside to the roads and I ended up thoroughly ashamed of myself. I also hear there are huge hills at GV! UHh ohh.

Completely agree! I thought I was going great with the treadmill runs so decided to take this outside to the roads and I ended up thoroughly ashamed of myself. I also hear there are huge hills at GV! UHh ohh.

I try to do a mixture of both atm. I am one of those annoying people who like exercise too... but I haven't done it in a while so it isn't easy atm. I would say too that running is very different outside so I am trying to do a mixture of both.

I too find 3 miles quite hard currently though :(

Its all good though cos I already know a few of you are great banter and have been very supportive (even if one you is Squirrel :D) so I know at least a few of us will be able to work through it together and keep our spirits nice and high :D

To be honest, I'm so completely excited about the whole thing that I'm not even nervous any more, I just can't wait to get on with it :)

Try not to worry about it. The thing about running or any exercise is that alot of it is mental. Once you start to think oh my god Im tried or Im sore Or don't think I can do this then you prob won't. If you have a good bunch of people to train or run with even if your wreaked you'll prob get through it because they will take your mind of it and you might surprise yourself. I think the main thing to remember is that we're all in it together and as long as we help each other and work as a team we'll all get through it.!!

GoooooooooOOOOOOOOO TEAM BLUE!! (cheer leaders jump crowd go wild!!)

• Advertisement

Try not to worry about it. The thing about running or any exercise is that alot of it is mental. Once you start to think oh my god Im tried or Im sore Or don't think I can do this then you prob won't. If you have a good bunch of people to train or run with even if your wreaked you'll prob get through it because they will take your mind of it and you might surprise yourself. I think the main thing to remember is that we're all in it together and as long as we help each other and work as a team we'll all get through it.!!

GoooooooooOOOOOOOOO TEAM BLUE!! (cheer leaders jump crowd go wild!!)

Carlty wreaks so I'd better really take his mind off it and help him get through it :D

So... on the subject of a celebratory lunch on us getting in and getting to hand in our notice at our current jobs...

We've sort of decided a few days to choose from and come up with a few options in Belfast we could use.

There's about 5 of us going so far so anyone else wants in send me a PM and we can involve you in discussions. :)

Carlty wreaks so I'd better really take his mind off it and help him get through it :D

I'm not too proud to admit when I need help (and I probably do), but c'mon! I'm not that far off the pace! :p

Although, if someone wants to distract the instructors, while I take a shortcut during the 5K, I won't complain. :rolleyes: :D

Went for a run with Cooper1980 last night. Managed it in 33 minutes, so it's getting better! She claims to have been knackered, but I don't believe her. I think she was just saying that to spare my feelings. :cool:

carlty888 wrote: »
    I'm not too proud to admit when I need help (and I probably do), but c'mon! I'm not that far off the pace! :p

Although, if someone wants to distract the instructors, while I take a shortcut during the 5K, I won't complain. :rolleyes: :D

Went for a run with Cooper1980 last night. Managed it in 33 minutes, so it's getting better! She claims to have been knackered, but I don't believe her. I think she was just saying that to spare my feelings. :cool:

Lol i'm sure she was knackered too mate. 5K isn't easy if ur not used to running. Sh1t I used to be an amateur triathlete (olympic distance) and I still find 5K difficult now :(

Like I said tho mate... it'll get easier and I was right :D

Oh I love being right ;)

When we going for the next run? Is the weekend any good for ya?

Lol i'm sure she was knackered too mate. 5K isn't easy if ur not used to running. Sh1t I used to be an amateur triathlete (olympic distance) and I still find 5K difficult now :(

Like I said tho mate... it'll get easier and I was right :D

Oh I love being right ;)

When we going for the next run? Is the weekend any good for ya?

Don't get cocky! ;)

Sunday's out for me, but Saturday morning could work.

The gym is a boring place! What are we supposed to look at? :P It's either listen to your iPod and stare head, watch Sky Sports News on the 28 inch flatscreens, OR oogle the scantily clad babes on the walking machines across the floor. You don't need an in-depth understanding of the male psyche to know what most of us choose. :P

I'm kidding, I'm not really defending the guy lol. You felt uncomfortable and as DownMTBer said, that's not on. Had I been there, you'd never have known I was staring... cause I'm a pro.

I always find it beneficial to my running to be directly behind the attractive lady in the tight lycra who's been going at it for 10 minutes and has worked up a healthy sweat.
    Sometimes distraction on a treadmill is a bad thing though, there have been a couple of times where I have been close to the old 'one foot goes off the side of the track' special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

I always find it beneficial to my running to be directly behind the attractive lady in the tight lycra who's been going at it for 10 minutes and has worked up a healthy sweat.
    Sometimes distraction on a treadmill is a bad thing though, there have been a couple of times where I have been close to the old 'one foot goes off the side of the track' special

yea me too i love running directly behind big fat sweaty men sometimes i like to pretend im running after them so i can catch them and give them a good seein to

Yup been there! :cool: Guys are all the same and will always enjoy looking at attractive girls, I'm possibly one of the worst for it, but when it starts to make the girl uncomfortable its gone too far...

To an extent I would like to think a girl would be flattered to think a guy found her attractive. But perving to the extent of creepiness is different :(:mad:

Seeing as how we're sacrificing any prospect of a summer holiday I've treated myself (and my girlfriend) to 3 nights in Amsterdam during the first week in march. I had originally planned to got to spain for a week, but really couldn't be arsed with that.

The great thing is, I can't really afford it. Plastic fantastic has got it covered though. I just felt I should do something before all this work starts.

So, someone tell me I was right please, and wasn't rash and imprudent! Someone? Anyone? :o

P.S Shall I bring a few bags of weed back for the squad's first week?? I'm sure the drill team won't mind a wee spliff here or there :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement