Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March Start date

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

MORRI wrote: »
    well done all you lucky sods!!
    DownMTBer has your vetting cleared?
    I think they really need an RC in the 400's to balance the March intake up a bit;)

Yes about 3 months ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

squirrel81 wrote: »
    OH MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST GOT THE CALL, I AM SHAKING SO HARD. :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D CRYING IN WORK LIKE A BIG FOOL :P

Squirrel81 so chuffed for you well done indeed! Your my next door neighbour merit wise too remember??!!! If my vetting would only clear! It seems they def mix things up a little!Again, Congrats girl!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Big Mac Addict

Hi all.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just got the call today so thought it would be a good time to come on and say hi! Looking forward to meeting everyone at the SRD.

Merit was about 150's Non Rc if this is of any help to anyone. From my creeping in the shadows I know that it can help. I'm sure those around that region should be near the end of their wait so heres hoping.

Ps- I don't really eat Big Macs all the time, I just couldn't think of a clever username! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

thanks integra pet, aw would love to see you in this intake! See bl**dy vettin, its a nightmare!! Your call will come soon, guaranteed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

Don't know what to do with myself now, I can't believe my waiting is finally over.

Thanks to everyone for listening to my moaning.

Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

Am I right in saying we will be the 'blues'.

congrats & welcome mr big mac addict! Oh my life, this excitment. I am getting the (cheapest) bottle of champers on the way home, hooley time!! :D :P

Grats Squirrell!!

See now I'm getting really worried :( still no call for me! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

HALLELUJA!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Got the call folks!!!!!

I'll be joining you at Garnerville on 8 March.

I can't believe it's finally happened. :eek:

Well done Big M!!!:cool:

• Advertisement

DownMTBer wrote: »
    Grats Squirrell!!

See now I'm getting really worried :( still no call for me! :confused:

It's coming! :)

carlty888 wrote: »

Got the call folks!!!!!

I am so pleased for you, can't wait to meet you.

We are going to be the best squad ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 silver_x

well done! carlty

CARLTY!!! Whoop whoop :D

Got the call folks!!!!!

This is a great day indeed for you guys! Carlty,I just shouted with joy and It was you not me getting the call!!! lol I am glad it came for you sooner than you thought! brill mate! fingers crossed for me soon!

I am so pleased for you, can't wait to meet you.

We are going to be the best squad ever!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

looks that way ;) just need a few more lasses!

• Advertisement

I am a lass, last time I checked lol.

Got the call folks!!!!!

GRATS!!!!!!

Chuffed for ya mate :)

I couldn't resist it... I had to phone and check cos my mind was playing tricks...

What if vetting went wrong? What if they said my merit was 800ish not 100ish...?

So:

I thought I'd just say I'd not heard in a while and just wanted to check there was no problems. She was very nice... considering I bet they have been inundated today... and I was extremely polite, apologetic and grateful :)

Her specific words were...

"Vetting Passed, Medical Passed, And your merit is one hundred and bleep,

But your still going through 'the process', I can't tell you more than that."

LoL So now I am like majorly confused... oh well guess I better just sit tight for now :)

Thanks a lot guys. Nothing can put me in a bad mood at the moment.

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you on 23rd at the SRD (that includes you too DownMTber :D).

It's gonna be so sureal for the next while. Doing things in work for the last time, handing work across to others etc. I actually enjoy were I work (the people, not the work), so it'll be with mixed feelings that I hand in my notice.

Roll on 8 March!!! :D

Thanks, looks like I'll not be getting a call today tho... there's still tomorrow :)

I know what ya mean about work too. I actually enjoy working where I do, although it can be boring at times I do enjoy the work and I made some good mates here.

Still... can't wait to hand my notice in though cos that'll mean I'm away to G'Ville! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

it just goes to show you, there's Carlty who wasn't that bothered about getting in, only posted now and again and oh hang on I was thinking of someone else:eek:
    Well done Carlty I bet the folks in appointments will think it's gone awful quiet now you have been put out of your misery;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Got the call folks!!!!!

nice big lad, glad to hear it lol. after all these months of waiting.

congrats to everyone else

especially you squirrel. ya wanna put a banging donk on it when your in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Big Mac Addict

Carlty well played good sir! Even I know you are a legend on these boards.
    Congrats to everyone and cheers for all the congrats for me! (integra I think from memory our merits and backgrounds are really close so hopefully its not too long for you the vetting big man).
    And I heard someone mention champagne.....reading my mind! (though swap champagne for a crate of cheap, nasty and probably warm beer and thats me!)

Congrats to everyone and cheers for all the congrats for me! (integra I think from memory our merits and backgrounds are really close so hopefully its not too long for you the vetting big man).
    And I heard someone mention champagne.....reading my mind! (though swap champagne for a crate of cheap, nasty and probably warm beer and thats me!)

Think I will treat myself with a chippy for dinner.

Without this board and all the info I think I would have gone mad.

Roll on the 23 Feb, I am getting nervous already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

Think I will treat myself with a chippy for dinner.
    I dont know why but that is one of the funniest things I've read in a while:D
    why don't you go all the way and get a pastie supper, you deserve it;) don't forget you'll have to change your username on here in a few months

Glad I could amuse you lol. believe me it is a treat for me. Lost 2 stone to get my BMI down to under 30 so I did not have to do that awful assessment.

Here is hoping Big M! thanks and best of luck!

Thanks a lot guys. Nothing can put me in a bad mood at the moment.

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you on 23rd at the SRD (that includes you too DownMTber :D).

It's gonna be so sureal for the next while. Doing things in work for the last time, handing work across to others etc. I actually enjoy were I work (the people, not the work), so it'll be with mixed feelings that I hand in my notice.

If I get the call I will be same boat re leaving my current job! I have nothing to stay for though, this is my dream job so I will be on here prowling a wee while yet! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

congratulations everyone. and carlty well dun. how did u manage to answer your fone. thot u were gluin it to ur hands from the 19th lol. well dun big man!!!!

smyff wrote: »
    nice big lad, glad to hear it lol. after all these months of waiting.

congrats to everyone else

especially you squirrel. ya wanna put a banging donk on it when your in there

bassline indeed smyff me boyo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

great to see so many people from the boards gettin in! And even better to see those who have been tryin for ages get their call.

Lookin forward to meetin you all and tryin to determine who is who, I wonder if its possible purely from looks?

• Advertisement

well BCGC, I don't think I look much like a squirrel, but I could be wrong. Guessing you will be easy enough to spot? Or is the hair not ginger at all? Oh, I can't wait!!

Tomorrow night is P to the A to the R to the T to the Y!! :D

Oh it'll be pretty obvious when you see me, unless I have it shaved off tho!

Considering a tight weave, however I do love my golden locks.

aye, you can't beat a lovely strawberry blonde! my hair is going to be a nightmare to get under a hat, feel a big haircut comin on :(

Im not sure what to be at now then, I mean with reference to checking off items on that list I'll probably buy everything I dont need!

I printed off that list that PSNI kindly provided a while ago, took it to tesco, and ended up coming home with wine, hummus and hair mousse. Hmm. Think I was a bit too wired to think about anything too much. I am going to get a bit at a time though, so Im not left skint at the end of Feb. Anyone planning a wee hol before starting? Would love it, but will have to see how the spondoolies are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Got the call folks!!!!!

Wooo Hooooo!! I was skimming this thread hoping to see this.

Well done dude. :D:D:D:D:D

PandaPants wrote: »
    Wooo Hooooo!! I was skimming this thread hoping to see this.

Well done dude. :D:D:D:D:D

It hasn't quite sunk in yet. :D

I imagine it'll hit soon enough though.

squirrel81 wrote: »
    Anyone planning a wee hol before starting?

Me!! I'm off next Tuesday and I cannae wait! :D

CARLTY Glad to hear you got in dude! You've been quite the inspiration on this at times when needed most. Happy to be a blue with you.

• Advertisement

It hasn't quite sunk in yet. :D

I imagine it'll hit soon enough though.

Aye, it takes about a week or so. I'll only really start believing it on Monday at my SRD!!

What does Mrs Carlty think? Is she happy about it??

Glad to hear you got in dude! You've been quite the inspiration on this at times when needed most. Happy to be a blue with you.

Glad to have been a help. Inspiration is probably a bit strong though. :)

I just can't wait to get started now. 3 years getting to this stage and it's only the beginning. :eek:

Ah ya see 3 years of trying and determination, that qualifies as inspiring in my books.

Anyways, im writing my resignation letter as we speak! Woo hoo!

PandaPants wrote: »
    Aye, it takes about a week or so. I'll only really start believing it on Monday at my SRD!!

What does Mrs Carlty think? Is she happy about it??

She's thrilled for me. Terrified about spending four weeks without me (who'd blame her :D), but she know's how much I want this and she'd support me in anything. One of the (many) reasons I love her.

Ah ya see 3 years of trying and determination, that qualifies as inspiring in my books.

Anyways, im writing my resignation letter as we speak! Woo hoo!

Any ideas when we can expect to get the information packs? As soon as I get mine, the acceptance form will be posted off and my notice left on my boss's desk.

One of the (many) reasons I love her.

Awwwwww..... <gag gag> :D

• Advertisement

Any ideas when we can expect to get the information packs? As soon as I get mine, the acceptance form will be posted off and my notice left on my boss's desk.

Mine came within 3 or 4 days. Got the call on a Monday and had it by the end of the week. There's a lot of info in it and you won't take it in on the first read, because you'll be too damn excited!! (As I was).

So have a couple of reads at it.

The lovely lady on the phone said they would be out in the next few days. I'll assume either Saturday or Monday. Would you recommend waiting for those before handing in the old notice?

The lovely lady on the phone said they would be out in the next few days. I'll assume either Saturday or Monday. Would you recommend waiting for those before handing in the old notice?

Naaaahhhhh. Unless you lose the plot and murder someone in the next few days you're safe enough.

Unless "the call" was a prank from your mates..... :eek:

(Sorry, that was cruel, but I couldn't resist!) :D:D

tis a done deal then......file - print!

tis a done deal then......file - print!

It's such a good feeling handing the letter in! I didn't get the satisfaction because I got the call in front of my boss!! So she already knew.... :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement