Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March Start date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

This maybe a stupid question but do we have to learn everything on each page of the definitions or is it just the articles and acts leaving out e.g critical incident and list of HRA 1998?

For your defs you need to know them word for word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 4thtimelucky

goin to the docs next week for a tetanus boost am i right in saying the psni will sort us with the hep b shots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sony8391

Hey 4th time lucky, yeah thats my understanding that if you require hep B, they will provide it.

Just printing out my handbook, is it just my computer or is everybody's handbook's page numbers cut off???

Could be a nightmare for quick reference

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Carlty found me! :D:D

I was marching about with a grumpy face all day because I'm ill and the doctor wanted to sign me off, effectively back-squadding me into your squad and I refused. I was just about to go and hang myself when i was saved by a tall, dark, (handsome??) stranger. :D:D:D

If I was feeling better I'd have been sussing you guys out a bit more. If you heard really loud coughing and a lot of swearing then I was probably nearby.

I actually chatted to a few of the girls, but a guy from yellow squad came up to me, put his arm around me and said "I heard a rumour about you and <insert name here>", so I was a wee bit mortified and left.

The girls from all the squads are particularly excited about the number of attractive guys coming in. There are a good few hotties in the new Blues!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Poor Pandapants
    Get well Soon!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

PandaPants wrote: »

I was marching about with a grumpy face all day because I'm ill and the doctor wanted to sign me off, effectively back-squadding me into your squad and I refused. I was just about to go and hang myself when i was saved by a tall, dark, (handsome??) stranger. :D:D:D

If I was feeling better I'd have been sussing you guys out a bit more. If you heard really loud coughing and a lot of swearing then I was probably nearby.

I actually chatted to a few of the girls, but a guy from yellow squad came up to me, put his arm around me and said "I heard a rumour about you and <insert name here>", so I was a wee bit mortified and left.

The girls from all the squads are particularly excited about the number of attractive guys coming in. There are a good few hotties in the new Blues!! :D:D

so is this rumour true then? although its a bit odd for someone to be called mr insert name here!!! oh well. wait u see the handsome lads in the reds! (is that wot the april intake is?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

I actually chatted to a few of the girls, but a guy from yellow squad came up to me, put his arm around me and said "I heard a rumour about you and MrFug" so I was a wee bit mortified and left.

:D

PandaPants, tell us about this "Diversity Training" we're spending 3 days doing. What kinda mature chedder, cringey activities will we be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Tall, dark and... Well, two out of three isn't bad. :)

I walked past you about 3 times on Monday. Each time thinking "that's definately her".

I gotta admit, having seen a picture (no matter how old) was a bit of an unfair advantage. I don't know what you've been looking out for (other than a guy with a coat - that lecture theatre was far from baltic). :p

Surprised that MrFug kept such a low profile. Clearly heeding the stay grey advice. Make yourself known on Sunday pal.

I really can't wait to get started up there. The thing that struck me most about Garnerville was the atmosphere. Everyone seemed genuinely welcoming and helpful.

Roll on next Sunday!

C'mon the blues!

carlty888 wrote: »
    Everyone seemed genuinely welcoming and helpful.

That's coz you're new meat. We've been locked in there with 99.9% of mingers.... :D:D:D

Seriously, we've all been there and the junior squad especially remember how terrifying the induction day is. I was paranoid all day that everyone was looking at me, and I was right! :D I only realised that when we were all looking at you. :D:D

There's a lot of extra-curricular activities go on at G'ville, if you know what I mean... ;) You will swear blind you love your wife/husband/partner/goat, but never say never. I've been shocked at some of what I've seen. And PandaPants is not easily shocked, believe me!! :eek:

MrFug wrote: »
    :D

PandaPants, tell us about this "Diversity Training" we're spending 3 days doing. What kinda mature chedder, cringey activities will we be doing?

I actually enjoyed it. One of the trainers is very easy on the eye, ladies... ;) I'm not saying anything more, you'll find out when you get there. They are long days though, so stock up on Red Bull/Pro Plus/Cocaine... lol

• Advertisement

There's a lot of extra-curricular activities go on at G'ville, if you know what I mean... ;) You will swear blind you love your wife/husband/partner/goat, but never say never. I've been shocked at some of what I've seen. And PandaPants is not easily shocked, believe me!! :eek:

Okay Spill!!! We need juicy details!!!:eek::D:p

That's coz you're new meat. We've been locked in there with 99.9% of mingers.... :D:D:D

Seriously, we've all been there and the junior squad especially remember how terrifying the induction day is. I was paranoid all day that everyone was looking at me, and I was right! :D I only realised that when we were all looking at you. :D:D

I knew people would be staring. That's natural when a bunch of new people invade. I half expected a little more open hostility from the older squads though ("this is our patch, we're in charge"). I guess we've matured a little since school.

As for the extra-curricular activities... I've too much at stake (beautiful wife and daughter) to be playing those games. I've heard all about it, but as you've said, I'll still be shocked. :eek:

I love my goat too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gham5931

How is everyone getting on with workbook? I think today should see it finished for me and then I can get the rest of the def's cracked.
    As for the exrta-curricular activities I want to know how they get the time? I'm imagining that for the first 4 wks i'll either be winging it up and down the drill square, running round the camp, in the classroom or in my own room studying whilst bulling my boots!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

Hi all

Just finished my work book and am trying to work through my hangover to learn Pg 4 of the defs day. Cant' believe this time next week it's all starting.

I figured out who Mr Fug is Carlty so if he is still shy on Sunday I shall point him out haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

it'll quite shock me to see if all that swapping about does actually go on and not just a big rumour. I can be quite naive at times :rolleyes: finishing workbook today, and on last def of pcr. Are you all learning all the defs? I was just going to concentrate on pcr and cps, but don't fancy getting there and realising it was to be all of them. It couldnt be surely? :eek:

Gham5931 wrote: »
    As for the exrta-curricular activities I want to know how they get the time?

There's maybe not as much of the physical stuff, but people fall in love and marriages/partnerships are broken up. It's very common. There's a few in our squad already. So be prepared. (Especially when the frustrated guys start lurking about at the bottom of the ladies corridor as they did to us on our first night). :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 namnit

lol i cant be trying anything on my girlfriend has friends in garnerville.....i'd pick the wrong person and screw everything up! Is it just the first four pages of defs we have to learn?

There's maybe not as much of the physical stuff, but people fall in love and marriages/partnerships are broken up. It's very common. There's a few in our squad already. So be prepared. (Especially when the frustrated guys start lurking about at the bottom of the ladies corridor as they did to us on our first night). :D:D

they dont waste much time :eek: aw pandapants, I knew it was you from the start when we were at the sid, i just didnt want to say in case it wasnt and I made a fool of myself. You were so helpful and lovely! :) Thanks for the advice :p

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

You were so nice to us, it really put me at ease pandapants. It was funny when that guy approached you about the 'rumour' lol:D

A big thank you from me as well.

Are you happy to be finished your residential?

Yeah I am only learning Pg 2-5 of the defs for sure. Squirrel when do you go on holiday?:cool:

You were so nice to us, it really put me at ease pandapants. It was funny when that guy approached you about the 'rumour' lol:D

Yeah I am only learning Pg 2-5 of the defs for sure. Squirrel when do you go on holiday?:cool:

It was funny when that guy came over to pandapants :D she went a wee bit red! On jollies tomorrow, it supposed to rain all week though :rolleyes: Just think, this time next week!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 namnit

where you heading away to squirrel? I finish work tomorrow cant wait, week of relaxtion and defs UGH but still cant wait till sunday!
    I wonder will everyone who was there on monday will be there on sunday

off to sunny (?) spain Namit, yeah, wonder if anyone was scared off by monday? !

Watch out for him. He thinks he's a ladies man, but he clearly isn't. :D:D I was so mortified I had to run away. I'd have loved to stay and chat. :)

I was sad to be kicked out on Friday, I had to be dragged out kicking and screaming. I love Garnerville!!

We have left our ironing board, iron and some cleaning stuff in our room for the next ladies who move in.

Have a great holiday Squirrell! I'm off out now, (Penis Eye, ssshhh... ;) ), but just think where you'll be this time next week!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Watch out for him. He thinks he's a ladies man, but he clearly isn't. :D:D I was so mortified I had to run away. I'd have loved to stay and chat. :)

I was sad to be kicked out on Friday, I had to be dragged out kicking and screaming. I love Garnerville!!

We have left our ironing board, iron and some cleaning stuff in our room for the next ladies who move in.

Have a great holiday Squirrell! I'm off out now, (Penis Eye, ssshhh... ;) ), but just think where you'll be this time next week!!! :D

sayin nothin pandapants. sayin nothin! wont tell anyone about u breakin into ur room again and boarding yourself in.!!! my lips are sealed

Penis Eye wrote: »
    sayin nothin pandapants. sayin nothin! wont tell anyone about u breakin into ur room again and boarding yourself in.!!! my lips are sealed

;)
    Good man.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

squirrel81 wrote: »
    off to sunny (?) spain Namit, yeah, wonder if anyone was scared off by monday? !

I think it's fair to say I was "scared off" by Monday, but only for a few days. I'm feeling ok now. Although there was never any doubt I was gonna start. I'm really sad about leaving my current work collegues, who are a fantasic bunch of lads (and gals). They played "Things Can Only Get Better" for me at my leaving do which left me pretty emotional. Alas, we gotta move on. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

MrFug wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say I was "scared off" by Monday, but only for a few days. I'm feeling ok now. Although there was never any doubt I was gonna start. I'm really sad about leaving my current work collegues, who are a fantasic bunch of lads (and gals). They played "Things Can Only Get Better" for me at my leaving do which left me pretty emotional. Alas, we gotta move on. :(

great tune haha. old school. what did you work as before mrfug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 frank1

Ahhh, the good times that I spent in the ladies accomodation block! Well your only single once and you gotta make use of the first 4 weeks when the girls are at their most vulnerable! lol

And in relation to the comment about the guys being mingers... the only good female talent has been the girl's in on work experience!:)

frank1 wrote: »

And in relation to the comment about the guys being mingers... the only good female talent has been the girl's in on work experience!:)

I only meant in my squad, there are a few who have caught my eye and I'm a little bit captivated with someone at the moment. ;) I was engaged until very (very) recently so it's great being surrounded by all these fit, lonely men locked up for weeks on end. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 frank1

I only meant in my squad, there are a few who have caught my eye and I'm a little bit captivated with someone at the moment. ;) I was engaged until very (very) recently so it's great being surrounded by all these fit, lonely men locked up for weeks on end. :D:D:D

So you've seen me about then? And wot wud panda pants look like so I can identify her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Just wanted to make a quick apology to PYG and all the march intake, this is your thread and well deserved - so i apologise for going off topic with my little rant this morning. I would have put it elsewhere but it just seemed to follow on from a previous post.
    Sorry PYG, no need to worry about moving posts etc, i think its done with.
    Sorry again and good luck all for march the 8th.

1979sd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

Thats very nice of you 1979sd, but a fair point was raised and not for the first time either. Don't think you need to apologise for your opinion, but fair play! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

1979SD wrote: »
    Just wanted to make a quick apology to PYG and all the march intake, this is your thread and well deserved - so i apologise for going off topic with my little rant this morning. I would have put it elsewhere but it just seemed to follow on from a previous post.
    Sorry PYG, no need to worry about moving posts etc, i think its done with.
    Sorry again and good luck all for march the 8th.

1979sd

There wasnt really any need to apologise as Ali08 said. But thanks none the less. Its not really my thread, its the March guys and girls.

Still working on moving the posts though because there are a lot of valid points within them. If only I could find the damn URL for the General Thread, anyone any clues???? Iv asked psni and The Nog for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

IF I get through C15 at best I will be 37(:eek:) going into GV. I wont have the bloody energy for owt except keeping my head down and making the very best go I can of my dream job!!!

LOL sorry I'll be so like you - 34 this year :eek::eek: How did that happen?????

I'll be that busy trying to keep up with all these uni graduates that are still in the studying mode that I probably won't notice who is hopping with who (or should that be whom???). Eeeeek I must be crazy.

MBC x

LOL sorry I'll be so like you - 34 this year :eek::eek: How did that happen?????

I'll be that busy trying to keep up with all these uni graduates that are still in the studying mode that I probably won't notice who is hopping with who (or should that be whom???). Eeeeek I must be crazy.

MBC x

I dont feel almost 37.....and I was told today I looked 28!!!:D:D

• Advertisement

Ah hemmm?!?! I have said that many a time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jumping jack

Stevie Wonder doesn't count!!!!;);)

Stevie Wonder doesn't count!!!!;);)

Oh ha bloody ha!:rolleyes:

Ok folks I have now moved all 'misbehaving' related posts to the General Thread. Feel free to continue your discussions there. Sorry if some posts seem out of place now, im sure we get back into the swing of things soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gham5931

With reference to the age thing my thoughts exactly MBC.
    I'm a young 35 this year and during the induction all I could think about was all the university grads swaning off to the bar whilst I was studying, trying to make sense of things and generally flapping arround like a budgie!
    I wish I was told I looked 28..............anyway see you all on the ski slope and we'll see who the old man/woman is then!! "Ring the bell Ceegarr!"
    PS I probably have the mental age of 15!

• Advertisement

How is everyone getting on at learning the definitions?

How is everyone getting on at learning the definitions?

hey i think i have pretty much nailed the definitions under pcr and cjs is anyone getting a head start and learning the rest?

hey i think i have pretty much nailed the definitions under pcr and cjs is anyone getting a head start and learning the rest?

I think Im just going to keep going just because if I know a few more then it will take the pressure off as well as give me more time for other things.

I think Im just going to keep going just because if I know a few more then it will take the pressure off as well as give me more time for other things.

We've already been told to discuss this sort of thing on the General thread. ;):D

We've already been told to discuss this sort of thing on the General thread. ;):D

lol i just got that,was about to ask you when and where we were told this,maybe im goin into the wrong profession lol

I knew when I wrote that, that was going to be said!!!:D

Im not planning on commiting an offence against public decency (under any conditions) while Im a GV

oh, not long now!! :eek: :Dsaying that I´d give all the time in the worl dgoing by how me and Mr Powers of Arrest have been getting on here in spain. That boy is a nightmare !! not good.... anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 idontdogrey

big welcome to all the new comers this sunday!!!
    dont be worryin about the big bad garnerville guys, its a game that ya just have to play along with. im in the yellows and remember my first day like it was yesterday. if i can give ya one word of advice, dont listen to everythin ur told on this. some of the posts just refer to the 'extra' activities, but to be honest if u get involved in that u get a very bad name for urself and get no respect from ur squad or others, and the greens can explain that one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sony8391

Hey all

Quick question, the form we received on induction day ref vaccinations, once you have received the required one, do you complete and sign the form or the doctor, i may just be being blonde however it seems clear as mud to me??

Is there any other tasks we had to complete for sun apart form above form, handbook, workbook and defs???

I dont want to be the gimp that forgets something haha

Cheers

sony8391 wrote: »
    Hey all

Quick question, the form we received on induction day ref vaccinations, once you have received the required one, do you complete and sign the form or the doctor, i may just be being blonde however it seems clear as mud to me??

Is there any other tasks we had to complete for sun apart form above form, handbook, workbook and defs???

I dont want to be the gimp that forgets something haha

Cheers

I just signed it myself. Don't know if that is right or not. I need to get my tetanes jap but I couldn't get an appointment before we start so I'm going to try and get the week we have of after training.

All iv done at the minute is learn the definitions, finished the workbook and read the handbook(which you need to use to do the workbook) I hope we don't have anything else to do?

• Advertisement
Advertisement