Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March Start date

1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

Just so all you new blues know, the westlink is closed from 7am to 1pm on sunday for roadworks. so find a different way to GV if thats the way you were going to go. Dont be late!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

Well how are the rest of my squad members getting on.

I can't believe we are going in on Sunday.

Sitting here watching the Bill, looking at my def's during the breaks. Think I know most of them now, just need another wee looking over at the weekend.

I am all packed, hope I don't show myself up by bringing far too much.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 4thtimelucky

lol was watching the bill too.

the nerves are starting to kick in i know i wont sleep sat.

defs all done workbook complete except autobiography,havnt even started to pack think i need to do some last minute shopping tomorrow:(

lol was watching the bill too.

the nerves are starting to kick in i know i wont sleep sat.

defs all done workbook complete except autobiography,havnt even started to pack think i need to do some last minute shopping tomorrow:(

Ah you see the joy of being a girl, my shopping skills have finally come into good use.

Yeah those idiots on the Bill their arrest warrant is all wrong lol:D

Yeah those idiots on the Bill their arrest warrant is all wrong lol:D

lol i noticed that too are we sad or too clever for our own good?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sony8391

Hey

Have yous learned all your defs or just pages 2 - 5

hey ive just learnt pages 2-5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sony8391

How u finding them 4thtimelucky

not too bad power of arrest was a b*****d apart from that its just the odd word here and there.

whot bout yourself sony?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

I can't believe new blues are starting, you'll probably hear alot about our "bad blues" course :)

Don't worry about definitions too much, yeah you need to know them and they help alot with the work but the def tests are just fill in the blanks.

If you don't smoke I'd advise you start because the smoking area is where you find out everything other than there you'll never really talk to the other courses......plus the smokers are clearly the coolest people in garnerville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Rob-117 wrote: »
    I can't believe new blues are starting, you'll probably hear alot about our "bad blues" course :)

Don't worry about definitions too much, yeah you need to know them and they help alot with the work but the def tests are just fill in the blanks.

If you don't smoke I'd advise you start because the smoking area is where you find out everything other than there you'll never really talk to the other courses......plus the smokers are clearly the coolest people in garnerville

I'll just passive smoke if i get in, dont wanna miss the craic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

keep your ears open and take in any advice you get, smokers are jokers!! esp u ROB!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

keep your ears open and take in any advice you get, smokers are jokers!! esp u ROB!!!

my mate says im a tube. for not smokin. aye ded on!!

anyone remember that ad? dunno if ill sacrafice my fitness. find it hard enough to breathe already lol!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 namnit

is everyone set for sunday?
    im goin out now to get all the fiddly pieces.
    Here see if your not bringing a car on sunday is there somewhere you can leave your stuff on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

namnit wrote: »
    Here see if your not bringing a car on sunday is there somewhere you can leave your stuff on the day?

The back of someone else's car could always be an option. Just ask. I can't imagine someone being an arse and saying no. :)

• Advertisement

good point dude, i think ill just arrive a little earlier and hopefully speak to an sso or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Older

namnit wrote: »

Am i the only one still studying away like mad and feeling like im getting nowhere! I thought i was doing great but i'm making a lot of mistakes on the defs!! I envy all you brainiacs who have it all done and learned and are moving on to the next parts! Back to the grind for me. Namnit i should have room in my car. Its still on southern plates so should be easy to spot! I'm hitting the road early so should be there just after 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jumping jack

Older wrote: »
    Am i the only one still studying away like mad and feeling like im getting nowhere! I thought i was doing great but i'm making a lot of mistakes on the defs!! I envy all you brainiacs who have it all done and learned and are moving on to the next parts! Back to the grind for me. Namnit i should have room in my car. Its still on southern plates so should be easy to spot! I'm hitting the road early so should be there just after 8am.

Mate I wouldn't worry to much about it you've still got 4 weeks to learn them. As long as you have a good idea Im sure that woulld be fine.

i should be there for 8.30 dude, thanks btw

here i cant get the defs to go in, if they test us ill be getting a bollocking lol everythime i learn something in the standing orders i forgot a line in defs!

I cant believe we start tomorrow, i feel sick lol what time do you have to leave at to get there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Older

I'll be leaving just before 6am. Last time i left at 5.30am and was there just after 8am and that was hitting traffic on the outskirts of Belfast. And Im having that same problem- once i learn something new the stuff i thought i knew just drops out of my head and then i mix a few words up! I'm sure it will all come together and make perfect sense in a few weeks. Only 12 hours to go! Its like Christmas Eve only with more packing - a lot more packing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

A big good luck to all starting tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

A big good luck to all starting tomorrow:D

^^ What she said!:D

thanks very much, just checking is it just the workbook, occupational health and welfare form and the pension forms we need done for tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Well, the time has finally come. I never thought i'd see the day.

Anywho... A big thank you to everyone who has been on these boards. Lots of great info, support and the much needed banter.

I hope to see a lot more of you heading to Garnerville.

C

carlty888 wrote: »
    Well, the time has finally come. I never thought i'd see the day.

Anywho... A big thank you to everyone who has been on these boards. Lots of great info, support and the much needed banter.

I hope to see a lot more of you heading to Garnerville.

C

Will be a lot quieter this week on the boards I imagine! Have a blast guys, by the time you get to read this you'll have your first week under your belt!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Good luck guys, I wish you all the best. It just wasn't for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

whatttttttt. omg mrfug i cant believe you didnt go.

good luck to everyone else enjoy it.

MrFug wrote: »
    Good luck guys, I wish you all the best. It just wasn't for me.

I cant believe you didnt go in!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

have you jacked it in mr fug? what changed your mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

I actually did go in, however around lunch time I'd made my mind up that It just wasn't for me. Nothing in particular scared me off, and It wasn't a whimsical decision. I thought long and hard about what it would mean for me, and how it would change my life. I decided that in the end, I wouldn't be happy in training, or afterwards. I'm sure I've made a decision I won't regret.

I'm really glad I got the opportunity to go in though, and have a look around, so that I could make a decision. I can now concentrate my efforts on whatever career path takes my fancy now :P Hopefully I've freed up a spot for someone else!

Cpt. Sensible will have to bunk alone tonight lol. He was my bunk-buddy.

• Advertisement

MrFug wrote: »
    I actually did go in, however around lunch time I'd made my mind up that It just wasn't for me. Nothing in particular scared me off, and It wasn't a whimsical decision. I thought long and hard about what it would mean for me, and how it would change my life. I decided that in the end, I wouldn't be happy in training, or afterwards. I'm sure I've made a decision I won't regret.

I'm really glad I got the opportunity to go in though, and have a look around, so that I could make a decision. I can now concentrate my efforts on whatever career path takes my fancy now :P Hopefully I've freed up a spot for someone else!

Cpt. Sensible will have to bunk alone tonight lol. He was my bunk-buddy.

I'm sure you've made the best decision for you and I really hope you wont regret it, not after everything you went through to get there in the first place with the medical appeal etc.

Hell, I'll take your place even if it does mean bunking in with Captain Sensible!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

Fair play to ya, i'm sure it was a hard decision. Everything happens for a reason - this might help make your decision about what you really want to do. Best of luck with the future!

:(

All the March trainees seem to have deserted us.....thought someone at least might have popped on to say hi....(yes, Carlty, I mean YOU!)

They go into GV and leave us mere mortals behind....:(

Hi all

Can't believe our first week is over already, just getting packed ready to go back in.

Can't wait to get stuck in again and stop walking around so clueless.

Such a shame about Mr Fug, no one even got a chance to know him.

Hi all

Can't believe our first week is over already, just getting packed ready to go back in.

Can't wait to get stuck in again and stop walking around so clueless.

Such a shame about Mr Fug, no one even got a chance to know him.

So Mrs...spill as many beans as possible:D Is the girls dress uniform trousers or a skirt??? Please say trousers, those skirts look awful.

Good luck for week 2.

oh yes it is trousers but they are truely awful, they make your arse look huge. They catch on the hem of the boots and pull all the stitches out. My poor mother sent most of the weekend sewing as I am rubbish at it.

Wish I could go back now to hit the gym but you are not allowed in before a certain time.

The rooms are like a prision cell but a lot worse, I send as least time as possible in there. Can't wait for the April intake so we will not be the newbie's for long.

Any other question feel free.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

oh yes it is trousers but they are truely awful, they make your arse look huge. They catch on the hem of the boots and pull all the stitches out. My poor mother sent most of the weekend sewing as I am rubbish at it.

Wish I could go back now to hit the gym but you are not allowed in before a certain time.

The rooms are like a prision cell but a lot worse, I send as least time as possible in there. Can't wait for the April intake so we will not be the newbie's for long.

Any other question feel free.:D

is this really the reason u cant wait for the april intake or is it cause im hot stuff? id say probably the latter! :cool:

One thing there is def not a lack of his MEN, they out number us ladies by at least 5 to 1, if not more.

But I am sure you will only add to the view lol.

I am off to pack, talk to you all next week.:D

Thanks PC.I,

Where did those female officers at Constable Carroll's funeral get their skirts from....(not that im after one or anything)

PS- i cant sew either:o

Have fun missy, :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Where is Sir Carlty and wee Squirrel I haven't sniffed them since before they commenced training!?? Flip GV must be tough if they can't spare 5 mins to say hello!:D;)

Advertisement