Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March Start date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

DownMTBer wrote: »
    My contract should be with me by Friday apparently. So I would assume yous will all get urs today?? maybe tomorrow??

And yeah sure Carlty I'll be Liaison for boardies. Ur right it can't be all that likely there will be another English guy. Plus that means you all have to be nice to me.

I'll be having none of that 'bloody english' malarky ;) hehe

So the M to F ratio isn't lookin good... and worse I'll betcha one or 2 of the girlies are married ;) Mind you... one of two of the 'boysies' probably are too :p

Well I can confirm I am def not married!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

DownMtber (and the other guys in blue squad),

I am married, so you're welcome to my share of the ladies. :D

Err.... not that they're mine to give of course. :rolleyes:

So we have eight guys, three girls and one unconfirmed.

Chatterbox08 - M/F?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

carlty888 wrote: »
    So we have eight guys, three girls and one unconfirmed.

Chatterbox08 - M/F?

:D

The name is chatterbox... so I think you might have answered your own question... :p

And i am not married... just yet.

The name is chatterbox... so I think you might have answered your own question... :p

And i am not married... just yet.

I thought so too, but you never know. I've met some really talkative men too. :D I wait for confirmation from Chatterbox. :rolleyes:

Regarding the marriage-issue..... you running from it? :pac:

Yeah I think it is safe to say Chatterbox is a girl.

You need to remember us girlies are not allowed to wear make up, I don't know about the others but I will not be looking too hot, I love my make up, totally worth it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cooper1980

info pack just arrived....whoo hoo.....!!!!

I thought so too, but you never know. I've met some really talkative men too. :D I wait for confirmation from Chatterbox. :rolleyes:

Regarding the marriage-issue..... you running from it? :pac:

Doesn't every man try to? :P lol the running is not going so well atm tho :D

Ah you men are shocking, just committ and stop running. I doubt it will kill you.

I'll have you know that I have been committed. How I passed the medical is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Bring on the Trumpets!! :D

• Advertisement

Ah you men are shocking, just committ and stop running. I doubt it will kill you.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure it is bad for your health...

It mightn't kill me but i'm quite sure horrible things will happen.

Anyway, you don't seem to be committed just yet either :p

I'll have you know that I have been committed. How I passed the medical is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Bring on the Trumpets!! :D

What, what've trumpets got to do with it? :p

What, what've trumpets got to do with it? :p

Bring on the Trumpets!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Big Mac Addict

cooper1980 wrote: »
    info pack just arrived....whoo hoo.....!!!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Ditto! There is a LOT of info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 silver_x

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Ditto! There is a LOT of info.
    mine arrived too but they forgot to include the secret psni decoder ring :( lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Big Mac Addict

silver_x wrote: »
    mine arrived too but they forgot to include the secret psni decoder ring :( lol

Haha. I think your postman has pinched it for himself.......you should totally run after him and cause a scene!

Agreed! Video it and post it here for us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

oh can't wait to get home now to get a butchers at the pack!! I dont know how Im going to last 7 weeks to get started, just too excited :D

PC Inwaiting ... know exactly how you feel about the make up, I never leave the house without it on, wonder how they feel about fake tan? :p

On the married side of things, I can definitely recommend it, the best thing you will ever do (after joining the psni of course) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Yeah I think it is safe to say Chatterbox is a girl.

You need to remember us girlies are not allowed to wear make up, I don't know about the others but I will not be looking too hot, I love my make up, totally worth it though.

if you keep it minimal it's fine. Don't arrive looking like Jordan and you'll be fine. I wear very little make-up but I have no intention of going bare-faced. I'd empty the canteen, that's for sure!!! :D

• Advertisement

Just got my pack, it's finally real!!!!!!!!!

I drove home to get a butchers at mine (the info pack :rolleyes:). I had a quick glance through it. Can't wait to get stuck into it this evening. Toyed witht the idea of taking a half day. :D

Gonna hand in my notice this afternoon. :D

squirrel81 wrote: »
    On the married side of things, I can definitely recommend it, the best thing you will ever do (after joining the psni of course) ;)

My wife's just the same. She couldn't recommend it highly enough, but I guess she got lucky. :rolleyes::D

My wife's just the same. She couldn't recommend it highly enough, but I guess she got lucky. :rolleyes::D

I can tell already you are going to be a good laugh. You wife must have a good sense of humour married to you lol.:D

Has anybody read the pack yet - £120 for a PE kits seems a bit much.

PandaPants wrote: »
    if you keep it minimal it's fine. Don't arrive looking like Jordan and you'll be fine. I wear very little make-up but I have no intention of going bare-faced. I'd empty the canteen, that's for sure!!! :D

You can all arrive with part of you looking like Jordan, I won't complain! :D:p

Hehe just kidding :)

I can tell already you are going to be a good laugh. You wife must have a good sense of humour married to you lol.:D

120 quid!! it'd better have friggin gold piping around the shorts!!

• Advertisement

I'll try my best. No promises though. :P Sometimes I actually feel sorry for my wife. She has it tough. Poor soul. :rolleyes:

At least we don't have to pay for the PE kit in one go. £40 a month's still a bit steep for a couple of fruit-of-the-loom t-shirts. I wonder if we have to wear those black guddies with the elasticated tops too? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Handing in your notice this afternoon Carlty? What a feeling!!!

integra1 wrote: »
    Handing in your notice this afternoon Carlty? What a feeling!!!

That was the plan. Right up until my boss announced that they were heading home on a half day. It kinda killed the mood for me.

This is a big moment. It has to be special. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Wow, its all becoming very real. Maybe it's just me, but since I'm now offically in, I'm sensing my desire starting to wane a little. I think maybe a touch of cold feet? Jesus, already! How I'm gonna stick 4 weeks of GV I dunno.

I'll get over it! It's just such a huge life changing event. No-one is feeling a little... intimidated???

MrFug wrote: »
    Wow, its all becoming very real. Maybe it's just me, but since I'm now offically in, I'm sensing my desire starting to wane a little. I think maybe a touch of cold feet? Jesus, already! How I'm gonna stick 4 weeks of GV I dunno.

I'll get over it! It's just such a huge life changing event. No-one is feeling a little... intimidated???

It'll be just like going away on a holiday camp......

...... only with lots of work, parade and a drill sergeant screaming in your lug hole.

Other than that, it'll be just like a big holiday camp. :D

Can't wait to finally meet you lot. No doubt we've all these expectations of people that'll be waaaaayyyyyy off. :pac:

• Advertisement

No doubt we've all these expectations of people that'll be waaaaayyyyyy off. :pac:

Yeah i bet you look nothing like Bananaman. :(

MrFug wrote: »
    Yeah i bet you look nothing like Bananaman. :(

No. I'm more like RedBullman! Seriously, Red Bull gives me superpowers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Given1 is alive!:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hows things mate? Havent seen you in ages...... Not since we were trying to get grub delivered to MGHs and 1.30am!!!

pyg long time no speak indeed:eek: things going well.... praying for the phonecall sometime soon!!! how about you, still no sign of a medical??? lol i no how the hell can you not find food in the middle of belfast at 1 30am on a saturday night:D

p.s youve got me addicted to this bring on the trumpets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to finally meet you lot. No doubt we've all these expectations of people that'll be waaaaayyyyyy off. :pac:

Oh really? So come tell us Sir Carlty, what expectations do you have of your squad? :p:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

integra1 wrote: »
    lol remember that night well, good lol...good to see your back Given 1 really pleased for ya matey!:D

Teg

cheers m8t, glad myself; the wait for the appeal to come through seemed an eternity! hpefully your vetting comes through sooner rather than later bud, its annoying knowing its out of your hands too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 4thtimelucky

Not to worry, the rest of the squad is therefore likely to be female. You want me to put a good word in for you, you know how us girls gossip lol:cool:

would you do that for me?i get nervous around large groups of females theres only so much of me to go around:p

handed in my notice today,i officially leave early feb giving me a full month to get fit and all that(oh crap havnt been to the gym in 2 years)

Oh really? So come tell us Sir Carlty, what expectations do you have of your squad? :p:D;)

Trumpets!!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

pack attack! I like! High five!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 namnit

Hey everyone,

IM IN!!!! YAY
    Hey everyone, been along time reader of the forum but dont really speak much, rarely have access to the net. But anyway i wanna thank everyone for the fantastic advice I found on here and im sure ill be seeing a few of you on March 8th. Got my letter this morning and have never been happier thanks very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

It'll be just like going away on a holiday camp......

...... only with lots of work, parade and a drill sergeant screaming in your lug hole.

Other than that, it'll be just like a big holiday camp. :D

u mean his fug hole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

namnit wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

IM IN!!!! YAY
    Hey everyone, been along time reader of the forum but dont really speak much, rarely have access to the net. But anyway i wanna thank everyone for the fantastic advice I found on here and im sure ill be seeing a few of you on March 8th. Got my letter this morning and have never been happier thanks very much

well dun son of the devil. you dint have to worry bout that merit number after all!! congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

given1 wrote: »
    pyg long time no speak indeed:eek: things going well.... praying for the phonecall sometime soon!!! how about you, still no sign of a medical??? lol i no how the hell can you not find food in the middle of belfast at 1 30am on a saturday night:D

p.s youve got me addicted to this bring on the trumpets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey sweetie.

No medical as yet but I rang OHW last week and she said that I was to ring back next month once more names had been forwarded for meds, so fingers crossed.

So pleased you knee and eyes are doing a-ok!!

Im was sooooooooooo hungry that night, just wanted something to eat. Like come on...I thought living in the country was bad enough for food deliveries but Belfast?!?!?!

TRUMPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PYG

Hey everyone,

IM IN!!!! YAY

Grats mate...

Another boardie for me to liaise with :D

Maybe we ought to use the top gun high five... if they only do the high five they're not a boardie... if they do the full on top gun u know they're a boardie!! :D:p:);)

Maybe we ought to use the top gun high five... if they only do the high five they're not a boardie... if they do the full on top gun u know they're a boardie!! :D:p:);)[/quote]

For those of you who wanna practice that: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uAopLTK4qVs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

right enough, about 20minutes ago i youtubed the exact same video

it has to be done, although there are videos on how to do it. This could be a separate traineeship in itself.

Hi All

Just back from a 2 hours session at the gym, don't know if I could lift my arm to do a high five, could I just wear a name badge or something.

.......Gonna take it right in to the danger zone....... (Love that song)

Top Gun high five it is then. :D

Looks like we'll be having to run a few classes of our own up at the hotel;
    • Mrs Carlty's 'Ironing 101'
    • DownMTber's 'Bulling for idiots'
    • and now BadCopGingerCop's 'High Fiving the Top Gun way'
    PS. If you want your ironing done for you, PC Inwaiting has said that she'll sell herself do it in exchange for turkish delight. :D

Hey everyone,

IM IN!!!! YAY

Huge congratulations Damien and welcome aboard. With your merit number you just had to be the unlucky 13th boardy. :D I'm starting to feel sorry for the non-boardies in the March intake. At this rate they're gonna be in the minority. :cool:

PS. Gotta ask the Male/Female question. PC Inwaiting's trying to work out how many blokes she has to work her way through during the residential. :D

• Advertisement

Having shared a room with my brother for many years, I'm prepared to run a masterclass on...

How To Masturbate without Making your Bunk-mate Suspicious.

Advertisement