Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some effects of the recession in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

mysterious wrote: »
    since this thread is no negative, and not helping the recession.

Has anyone anything positive to say about Limerick.
    If you would actually understand recession is actually all in the head. We create it ourselves. Right now this thread, is helping.

Does anyone get it yet. I mean seriously its sheeple nonsense.

Conspiracy Theories Forum is thataway ^ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

since this thread is no negative, and not helping the recession.

Has anyone anything positive to say about Limerick.
    If you would actually understand recession is actually all in the head. We create it ourselves. Right now this thread, is helping.

Does anyone get it yet. I mean seriously its sheeple nonsense.

here's a bit of good news 50 jobs to be created in shannon

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/50-new-jobs-for-Shannon.4937857.jp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

An File wrote: »
    Conspiracy Theories Forum is thataway ^ :rolleyes:

So If Im being positive, that is conspiracy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

anything good to say? does it feel better for the economy that we bitch and feel like crap, or should we actually deal with it and start taking control of this negativity.

World depressions, are media fed. They tell you minus 6percent growth next year, stated by the greatest evil. I.e T.V.....:rolleyes:

So generally, followerrs, uniformed, ignorant, distracted and the gullable will automatically take this subconciosuly and begin to create this reality.

Thats what it is.
    If you have a choice,
    Postive or be negative. Which is the best option, even in the glare of this negativism.

I think many people are forgetting what it's like to actually stand back and home ur own senses:rolleyes: it's not rocket science.
    I don't watch telly or read newspapers. If I did I doubt they'd report on flats around where I live.

You seem very clever and revolutionary. Thanks for helping me break my mental chains.

pwd wrote: »
    I don't watch telly or read newspapers. If I did I doubt they'd report on flats around where I live.

You seem very clever and revolutionary. Thanks for helping me break my mental chains.

But it subconciously affects you.

It affects one person near you it will affect you.

Its begins on somethings, negativism begins on something

Look at Limerick, The country turns in on the Limerick ganglands as negativism. The people changed their city for the better how.

By positive thinking. Thats simply it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So If Im being positive, that is conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Ignoring the fact that thousands of jobs have been lost and suggesting that if your average man or woman thinks positively then everything will magically get better sounds a little silly. Blaming this entirely on modern media is indeed conspiracy-theorising.

You either, fuel the depression or you deal with it.

An File wrote: »
    Ignoring the fact that thousands of jobs have been lost and suggesting that if your average man or woman thinks positively then everything will magically get better sounds a little silly. Blaming this entirely on modern media is indeed conspiracy-theorising.

But its negativism that leads to it.
    It started somewhere.
    Keep ranting like this, I'm sure thousands more will go too.

Its logic.
    I'm not blaming the media, it's a factor. Look around you ffs.

But it subconciously affects you.

It affects one person near you it will affect you.

Its begins on somethings, negativism begins on something

Look at Limerick, The country turns in on the Limerick ganglands as negativism. The people changed their city for the better how.

By positive thinking. Thats simply it.
    Wow you know me so well. It's as if your my father or something.

I suppose the budget deficit in UL is imaginary too.

Your posts are idiotic and patronising ;)

Wow you know me so well. It's as if your my father or something.

Your posts are idiotic and patronising ;)

It's affect everybody.

I don't need to know you.
    Nope it's not idiotic. It's quite simply logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

We arent discussing how to think positive here, we are discussing what effect it has on Limerick.
    Please let it get back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mowgli-mcnob

What about the good points of recession, such as prices coming down etc.?

well if the topic is too focus on fueling the negaive aspects of limerick right now

Then im going to do the wisest thing, is stick to being positive and laugh at the idiocy this thread is becoming. This is exactly the reason the depression is in full swing because no one wants to focus on the good things.

Your creating the reality, not the elves.

It's affect everybody.

I don't need to know you.
    Nope it's not idiotic. It's quite simply logic.
    "Home your senses?" "It's affect everybody?" These sentences are complete gibberish. Most of your posts don't actually make sense. I seriously hope english isn't your first language.

You "don't need to know" me - you just assume things about me to fit your own preconceived ideas; then you suggest I'm out of touch with reality: It's actually you who sees things because you assume they are there.

Your posts are incredibly condescending. They appear to serve no purpose beyond self-indulgence. You appear to have the onanistic idea that you are revolutionary and insightful, in a way others don't even understand. That is "mysterious"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

*Ahem

Stop feeding the Troll

I've seen posts by him on other forums and I don't think he is trolling.

"Home your senses?" "It's affect everybody?" These sentences are complete gibberish. Most of your posts don't actually make sense. I seriously hope english isn't your first language.

You "don't need to know" me - you just assume things about me to fit your own preconceived ideas; then you suggest I'm out of touch with reality: It's actually you who sees things because you assume they are there.

Your posts are incredibly condescending. They appear to serve no purpose beyond self-indulgence. You appear to have the onanistic idea that you are revolutionary and insightful, in a way others don't even understand. That is "mysterious"

this thread is not about you, nor is my post directed to you.:rolleyes:

Stick to the topic as I have. I made my point's on Limerick affected by the negativity from threads such as this. I stated my points clearly. Don't insult me either btw.

It's you who is attacking and making personal remarks.

Ok now its just flaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Considering it's been there for 5 years...I doubt the recession is a major factor. Last week payroll cuts of over €4 million were agreed and day to day spending is to be cut by almost €1m.

Good news about Clancy's today with the schools scheme.

Prices coming down...and houses becoming affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stick to the topic as I have. I made my point's on Limerick affected by the negativity from threads such as this. I stated my points clearly. Don't insult me either btw.
    You're the one going off topic, mysterious. This thread is about the effects of recession in Limerick (some positive, most negative) - not the causes, solutions or any of your conspiracy theories.

Keep it on topic.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    or any of your conspiracy theories.

Wait for it.

BTW Mod, how is your shop doing in Arthurs Quay? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was just in there today, Derek i think thats his name said it was going ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ninty9er wrote: »
    Considering it's been there for 5 years...I doubt the recession is a major factor. Last week payroll cuts of over €4 million were agreed and day to day spending is to be cut by almost €1m.

Good news about Clancy's today with the schools scheme.

Prices coming down...and houses becoming affordable.

Banks not giving mortgages though. So affordable is for those with a lot of savings.

Not that I would complain, the type of mortgages given out over the years were insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Bact to the original topic, i went into Rios the other night and got a fresh cod meal. The cod was only have the size it used to be, wtf. And i got a can of coke instead of a bottle, and i'm not 100% but i think they recently put their prices up. I know cod is nearly extinct and all that but i was horrified at the little lump i got. I hate this recession, i'm starting to lose weight already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RINO87

effects of the recession???

....bad footpaths apparentley!!

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Bact to the original topic, i went into Rios the other night and got a fresh cod meal. The cod was only have the size it used to be, wtf. And i got a can of coke instead of a bottle, and i'm not 100% but i think they recently put their prices up. I know cod is nearly extinct and all that but i was horrified at the little lump i got. I hate this recession, i'm starting to lose weight already.

He did open another rios on Parnell St so somebody has to pay for it. Its you suckers. :D

Not me. I made some commission out of it for some nice equipment . :D

Berty wrote: »
    He did open another rios on Parnell St so somebody has to pay for it. Its you suckers. :D

That was ridiculous actually, 4 doors from one of the best chippers in town...based on the Kilmurry grub I'd NEVER go to Rios over Luigis within 1 minute of each other.

ninty9er wrote: »
    That was ridiculous actually, 4 doors from one of the best chippers in town...based on the Kilmurry grub I'd NEVER go to Rios over Luigis within 1 minute of each other.

Ah, I did say that to the owner and his reply was that many years ago there was a chipper and luigi's opened and then the other closed so possibly he is hoping that rio's does the same.

Ah, I did say that to the owner and his reply was that many years ago there was a chipper and luigi's opened and then the other closed so possibly he is hoping that rio's does the same.

Maybe Luigis were going for a quality premium, I don't know...but then again...Luigis is always going to do better if it's open til 12 and Rios closes at 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I remember that place, it was called Naughton's. It was the best fish n chip shop in town at the time.

Advertisement