Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some effects of the recession in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

my aunt used to own naughtons. It was d nicest place in town. And it wasn't cos of luigis it closed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Did they relocate to Kilkee? Cos there is a savage Naughtons chipper there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

No they didnt relocate anywhere but it really was the nicest chipper ever. They had a facny restaurant in the bac then as well.

Always support the family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    my aunt used to own naughtons. It was d nicest place in town. And it wasn't cos of luigis it closed either.

ack I can only tell you what he told me but Im sure the opening of luigis did not help your aunts decision to close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Luigis and naughtons weren't even in the same league and co existed for years.

God I miss naughtons best ever battered sausages and portions were massive

Luigis has being going downhill for years and I for one will never set foot back in there as long as Rios is open the food is better portions bigger and yes chips dont just have to be in the little white inner bag.

The last few times I had been in Luigis the sausages were reheats and the chips were tiny.

Plus Rios has the BEST chicken burger in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Brulées restaurant closed. Thats quite sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

elmolesto wrote: »
    Sure is, an excellent restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

really?! I just passed there today and said I must go there soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

elmolesto wrote: »

When?? I was only there 2 weeks ago for a great early bird...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

At the weekend - we got a call because we were booked in for Feb 14th.

Gutted because it was far and away the best restaurant with teh best food and service in teh city. Great place.

Without breaking any confidence my understanding is that the owners made a decision to close and relocate and they didn't go broke or anything. Probably a smart move though as demand for high end food isn't going to stay overly strong

Any news of where they are moving to? I will really miss the place :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Home to Belfast, not decided if they are opening a new place of thier own or not, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

Well i have been watching rio's since it opened and every time i pass luigi's is full Rio's is empty... What was the owner thinking of when he opened up next to luigis???? My nieces love Rio's in kilmurry and went in after a train trip to get chip's they were disgusted with the food and very disappointed, Ill give it three months... A loss leader if their ever was one. Suprising that the owner doesnt seem to be doing so well given that its cheap food... Independent today showed fast food worldwide is increasing profits

The food in Kilmurry Rios, is hardly good most times in the past year or so!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

I have to agree about rio's. feel sick everytime I go there. I just head up to superdine now. I feel bad saying that and all since I know the owners fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

I think this thread has lost its way:rolleyes:

Just heard that the Vodafone shops are closing...

Jesus!!!! how many things have shut down now in the last couple of months. unreal.

Strange though that rents aren't dropping..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Was thinking the same thing, my misses & I are not happy where we currently rent & are looking for a new place.

Just playing the waiting game, I think March & April might see a fall.

Supply & Demand:rolleyes:

I see ESB managers are taking wage cuts now suddenly too. and a 2 year pay freeze for all workers (pending). MADNESS. and ESB is practically still a monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

esb "monopoly" ends soon, u see the cryptic "ireland is about to switch" billboards, with the giant lightswitch on the end of a terrace of houses? residential electricity supply by bord gais within the next two months. expect price drops soon, ESB have recently done a great deal to buy oil for the next 4 years at current market prices.

Jaysus that would be great news. my last bill was 160 euro. I dunno where they get their figures from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

TheLoc wrote: »
    I have to agree about rio's. feel sick everytime I go there. I just head up to superdine now. I feel bad saying that and all since I know the owners fairly well.

Their both a slight improvement on Chernobyl Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I heard today that Dunnes Stores in the Parkway Shopping Centre is to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A friend's dad told me he gave a reduced rent to a tenant who requested it. Supply doesn't know demand is likely to go elsewhere unless demand tell supply:rolleyes:
    bazz26 wrote: »
    I heard today that Dunnes Stores in the Parkway Shopping Centre is to close.
    Hardly shocking...I mean...Childers Road RP is less than 1km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

And sure isnt the parkway to be knocked anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Sitting in my car today at a traffic lights. Guy going from car to car with a cup full of money.

I asked him for a euro ... oh this recession:(

Advertisement