If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYI Panasonic Free 5 year warranty

Options
  • 15-01-2009 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭

Just an FYI for anyone who sent away for free 5 year warranty off Panasonic after purchasing from Richersounds, I got this mail back this morning to save anyone wondering for a while!

Thank you for email regarding your 5 year warranty application.

I have checked our system and your application has not been processed at this time. However, this has proved to be a very popular promotion and demand has been very high.

Due to a significant increase in applications during the Christmas period, we have been unable to process as quickly as we would like. Although we will continue to endeavour to process applications within 40 days, this may not be possible. Therefore, if you have not received your certificate by the end of February 2009, please contact us at that time and we will be happy to provide further assistance.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards
    Extended Warranty Team

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

TheDriver wrote: »
    Just an FYI for anyone who sent away for free 5 year warranty off Panasonic after purchasing from Richersounds, I got this mail back this morning to save anyone wondering for a while!

Thank you for email regarding your 5 year warranty application.

I have checked our system and your application has not been processed at this time. However, this has proved to be a very popular promotion and demand has been very high.

Due to a significant increase in applications during the Christmas period, we have been unable to process as quickly as we would like. Although we will continue to endeavour to process applications within 40 days, this may not be possible. Therefore, if you have not received your certificate by the end of February 2009, please contact us at that time and we will be happy to provide further assistance.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards
    Extended Warranty Team

Driver,

Thanks for the update!

What Panasonic are not saying is that they have also been out of stock of the Warranty forms for the 2nd 1/2 of December - meaning that we could not give the application forms to our Customers - these came in to our office on Tuesday and we are sending copies out to ALL Customers who purchased qualifying TV's, along with a copy of their receipts over the next few days (Guess what I'm doing this weekend :-( )

These have to be completed and posted off to Panasonic - then we can all relax for the next 5 years or so..

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

Hi John. Bit off topic, but do you have any Panasonic tv's still in stock. I can see some on the main RS website, but don't know if you have any in Belfast.

Specifically, I 'm looking for either a
    Panasonic Viera TH-37PX70
    or
    PANASONIC TX32LXD80 and if so how much are they...?

Thanks in advance,

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hiya Wudaya,

Thanks for the query,

Both of those lines are now finished lines both in Belfast and in the English RS stores.

Just as a hint once an item goes 'LAST FEW TO CLEAR' on the richersounds.com website it generally means that it is discontinued - both of these TV are (unfortunately now in that category) :(

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Hi John,
    I just purchased a Panasonic TV from you but wasnt aware of the free 5 year warranty?
    I paid £99 for mine...

Was this a deal before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

That's fine. Is there any way of knowing what stock you have - (store specific website / newsletter / price list etc). Gonna head up to belfast in the next coupla weeks but would like to be sure there's something I want before making the trip...

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Received my 5 year warranty cert today!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.