Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter in todays advertiser on Bus Eireann

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

DRakE wrote: »
    whoever wrote that article is seriously up their own arse as regards their style of writing..

edit: not to say the main complaint is unfounded

I very much disagree and would say it sounds to me that the driver concerned was up their own arse!
    They highlighted the pure ignorance, down right bog thick attitude and lack of any customer care shown by the driver. Something which I'm coming across more and more often in Galway everyday to be blunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

I have a question for anyone who reads this:

How much would you be willing to pay as busfare in return for assurance that the bus will arrive at your busstop at the specific time stated on the timetable?

I was in germany a while back and i paid something like €3 for a regular bus journey but the service was so satisfactory that it was only afterward i realised it was twice what id pay at home.

Id be happy to pay €3 for an on-time bus journey here... but then again how could i maintain my svelt physique if i didnt walk the 4 miles home every evening.

i would happily pay about €2.50/€3 for something simillar to what they have in london, pay that price and travel on any bus from the minute u bought it until 4am the following morning. i dont even know if you can get return tickets on the city services? there student offer thing is a joke (be in the station on the first of every month with a passport photo and €45 and then you can get a pass, otherwise nope - or something along those lines!)

the numer 9 route is their only claim to fame, and its still fairly useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    i dont even know if you can get return tickets on the city services? there student offer thing is a joke (be in the station on the first of every month with a passport photo and €45 and then you can get a pass, otherwise nope - or something along those lines!)

the numer 9 route is their only claim to fame, and its still fairly useless!

There are no return, all-day or multi-day tickets in Galway. Just weekly and monthly tickets: a week is any seven days, a month is a calendar month. No photos required, just turning up at the bus station with the cash when the ticket office is open. And these tickets are Bus Eireann only, cannot be used on any other services (making it all the harder to use private companies to add extra services).

Number 9 is massively improved - and disproves the OP's claim that the service hasn't expanded as the city has. However I have to agree re Dangan/Newcastle. And the number 7 service is pretty useless too.

People are giving out as though this is only a Galway problem. But I'm sure that CIE (which is forecast to make a loss this year, hence the big price rise) owns Bus Eireann, Dublin Bus and Irish Rail. They're all one big happy family, and the issues in one relate to the others too. I was grumpy when BE ran newspaper ads (IT only, not the Advertiser) advising an on-average 5% increase, but it was 10% in Galway.

BE drivers can be well-mannered when they want to (eg those driving the factory runs, who have to face the same passengers every day tend to be pretty polite). But overall they don't tend to be. Even though I think they must be fairly well paid (note the most of 'em are still Irish and male).

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

some of my "fine work", you might like this (dunno how to upload pics and could do with the attention)

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=337738140&PhotoAlbumId=3901857508&PhotoId=3948861171

I thank you *takes a bow*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Altar_Ego_Boy

DRakE wrote: »
    is it hard to walk home in those diamond shoes while you lugg your incredibly heavy wallet?

:D

Good to see someone else with a grasp of irony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I just gave up on Bus Eireann and bought a bike. I save the taxis for when I'm going out at night.

Advertisement