Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post re: data recovery / mp3 recovery longish!

Options
  • 15-01-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum but:

I have/had a Samsung YH820MC 5GB mp3 player which died months ago.

Last night I tried to recover the files using www.CardRecovery.com - I had used this once before as a trial to recover some photos and it worked a treat.

I got the samsung recognised by the PC as drive G it recovered all 260 items/songs on the device BUT they are in limbo.

I had used my free trial of CR and had to buy the software to complete the process. Unfortunately they would not clear my card on the first two attempts and then the computer got affected by the samsung and restarted.

In a nutshell I have all the songs off the mp3 player but they are in the CR temp folder and because the mp3 will not connect now to the PC I cannot get them from their current format to mp3 format.

The files all end with .~CR - I am wondering if there is anyway I can finish the process.

I did burn them to a dvd but CR will not pull files from a cd/dvd only a mass media usb storage device.

I have the full €40.00 (:rolleyes:) CR software but no obvious way of getting the files to a usable mp3 format.

Any help appreciated.

Not sure if this is the right area or if the above is easy to follow!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Did you try changing the extension to .MP3 ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Hi Ginger,

I did try this and to no avail.
    I also loaded all the tmp files onto another mp3 player but CardRecovery would not recognise them as the were already the altered ones.

Just one of those things where you almost got it just right but it went south just at the last minute!:)

Advertisement