Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weaver-style or Picatinny base dove-tail size?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

I was looking for 16mm mounts for my CZ varmint which has a 16mm dove-tail.

ARE the Weaver-style or Picatinny MOUNTS dove-tail size not also 16mm?
    If it is then can I not just use any Weaver-style or Picatinny mount on the CZ varmint?

OR should I get a Weaver-style or Picatinny base that fits the 16mm dove-tail of the CZ varmint and then fit Weaver-style or Picatinny mounts?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The Picatinny mounts use the notches to slide a bolt though and hold it in place so even if the dove tail is the same size it wont be notched to allow the bolt through.

You would have to get a picatinny rail that attaches tou your dovetail then put picatinny mounts on top. Thats actaully how the Tikka tactical are done (well the rail is screwed in to the reciver).

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

I put together an old article here awhile ago, it may be of some use to you. Still haven't finished it though..

http://www.paintballer.ie/viewtopic.php?t=2019

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

clivej wrote: »
    I was looking for 16mm mounts for my CZ varmint which has a 16mm dove-tail.

ARE the Weaver-style or Picatinny MOUNTS dove-tail size not also 16mm?
    If it is then can I not just use any Weaver-style or Picatinny mount on the CZ varmint?

OR should I get a Weaver-style or Picatinny base that fits the 16mm dove-tail of the CZ varmint and then fit Weaver-style or Picatinny mounts?

Does this mean that by putting a picatinny rail on the rifle it makes the scope very high off the bore centreline and you can get cheek weld problems??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Just means your need to make sure and use low mounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Unless like Clive you have a 60mm objective and need the extra hieght to clear the barrel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

OK iI found out the rail is 7/8" so it won't fit the CZ anyway.
    But found a supplier for a CZ 16mm dove-tail to Weaver mounting rail.

I sent off for these:
    Millett 30mm Angle-Loc Windage Adjustable Ring Mounts CZ527 Matte High
    so they should do the job as they should give 2mm clearence under the front obj. lens.

Clive, are they the ones I have on mine? their ajustable left to right.

Clive, are they the ones I have on mine? their ajustable left to right.

I had to get them to sent them to my sister, she will forward to me.
    FS off hand do you know the gap between the bottom of the scope and the top of the CZ dove-tail. They quote .663" that's about 16.85mm, give or take a knats cock, to give me 2mm clearence under the scope.

Off the top of my head, I had 4 mm gap between the 50mm objective and the barrel with the leupy, but I had no raisers

Off the top of my head, I had 4 mm gap between the 50mm objective and the barrel with the leupy, but I had no raisers

FS was that the high mounts?

• Advertisement

have the packaging some where will check it out in the morn and let you know.

Advertisement