Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sunrise 2nd dec l.cullen co mayo

• 15-01-2009 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

my first photo on this board,i took it while on my way fishing, the sun was just about to rise over the distant hills.taken with a nikon coolpix.. 2nddec2008sunrise003.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Reminds me of Healeys at Pontoon!! :D

Amazing mix of colours, well captured!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Welcome to the forum.

Well done. Lovely composition.

I am a sucker for a good Sunrise/Sunset Landscape. This is a really nicely balanced. The boat gives it that element that is needed as a focus, without it the shot would not work nearly as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

Lovely shot.

you get a bonus point if you were being eaten by midges while taking it.

BR,
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭feileacan

great shot - wonderful colours.

good use of the boat near the centre to draw your eye into the image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dec.foley

very nice pic, did you catch anything ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 canadian 222

Reminds me of Healeys at Pontoon!! :D

Amazing mix of colours, well captured!!
    yes your correct ,it,s right in front of healys country house.

dec.foley wrote: »
    very nice pic, did you catch anything ?
    yes i caught a nice 19lb pike which i took a photo and returned the fish to fight another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

wow thats an amazing shot. is that nikon coolpix a slr or what!? sorry im new to this photography stuff! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Coolpix are not SLR's They are a range of Compact Cameras from Nikon. They have a reputation of having quite good lenses for Compacts. The range goes from Point & Shoot models to reasonably high spec models.

It does go to show that a good eye is your best asset. You can get some great photo's with relatively inexpensive gear.

BTW What model Coolpix is it you have?

CabanSail wrote: »
    The Coolpix are not SLR's They are a range of Compact Cameras from Nikon. They have a reputation of having quite good lenses for Compacts. The range goes from Point & Shoot models to reasonably high spec models.

It does go to show that a good eye is your best asset. You can get some great photo's with relatively inexpensive gear.

BTW What model Coolpix is it you have?
    the nikon is a coolpix s4 6.0 meg,10x zoom,which i bought a couple of yrs ago,it has been since updated,i just set the scene to dusk/dawn,set on tripod,with timer ,and let the camera do the job,i bought it mainly for photographing fish that i catch.it fits into my inside pocket very handy.

• Advertisement

Well it did a great job. You have a good eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭spinaltap

Also took these out in Dollymount , dint have my dslr with me so I took them on my Sony phone, 2 mill pix, looking for a new 450 d canon , any 2nd hand ones

Advertisement