Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organic fruit and veg in galway?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

The market on a Saturday morning has the best variety 2-3 good stalls. Ernies fruit & veg on Sea Road, most of the supermarkets stock a small range too. There is also a guy that delivers it to your home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

Green Earth Organics have a box delivery scheme. I used to get it every week and always found it very good value.

http://www.organicguide.ie/node/180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

grasshopa wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get it?

Thought about growing your own?
    I know you need a bit of room for most, and if you are renting you may not be allowed to touch the lawn area.
    However, basic salad vegetables can even be grown in containers or window boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

padi89 wrote: »
    The market on a Saturday morning has the best variety 2-3 good stalls. Ernies fruit & veg on Sea Road, most of the supermarkets stock a small range too. There is also a guy that delivers it to your home.

Be aware that the market tends not to display prices, and even when they do, there are are no scales to weigh your purchases. So pricing can be "variable".

I think Ernie is related to the guy in Deacy's on Shop St, near Murphys, they have at least some of the same lines, so may have some organic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Organic F&V in Dunnes Stores too.

Advertisement