Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Arms Metal -JG M16A4

Options
  • 15-01-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi

I got a King Arms Metal Body months ago and only got around to fitting it to my JG M16A4 the other night, everything went smoothly until I was putting the Upper Receiver on. It doesn't seem to want to go down over the Gearbox. I have tried to gently force it but still no-go and I dont want to be too rough with it. It like the greabox it too big for the Upper Receiver.

I'm 100% sure everythin is in place properly, everything fitted fine, got the Mag clips and the different pins in fine so it couldn't be that I have it put the gearbox in wrong.

Anyone with any idea?? Shoud I force it down??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭kalkor

Try pulling back the charging handle as you slide it on as there is a small nub on top of the gear box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The receiver should slide back over the gearbox, not go straight down on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Anyone got a hammer??

After spending most of last night and a few hours today with no joy, ended up sliding it in with some force.... Well I got it on but the dust cover wont open now, the charging handle pulls alright and it still connected to the spring but wont open the cover.

Went to put in a Mag to see if at least it was shootin properly and the JG Mag wont fit into the King Arms well, need to smack the mag with a hammer in a copule of places.

Think I might have done more harm by forcing it on, will end up having a nightmare trying to take it off. So I'v put it away for a few days in the hope it will fix itself! Other than that I have a feeling it will end up going through a window.

Advertisement