Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you charged fees for using your laser card in the UK?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Do fees apply when you withdraw from ATM's in UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Hi there
    I used mine last weekend in the Uk and was charged EUR3.88 when I withdrew GBP100.00 (EUR111.14) - I'm not sure if this was on one of those ATMS that said they may charge you... don't think so though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

does the card not also have to be cirrus/maestro? in which case you are charged.

3.88 sounds about right as a minimum charge, up to a maximum charge of 11.38 i think, though that depends on your bank's fees and charges. 11.38 or there abouts is what BOI charge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

what2do wrote: »
    Hi there
    I used mine last weekend in the Uk and was charged EUR3.88 when I withdrew GBP100.00 (EUR111.14) - I'm not sure if this was on one of those ATMS that said they may charge you... don't think so though!

If the €3.88 appears as a seperate transaction, then it is the ATM charging you, your banks charges are normaly "hidden" in the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

3.5% outside Euro zone. Min of €3.17, max of €11.43.

http://www.permanenttsb.ie/personal-banking/cirrus.asp

Advertisement