Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor upgrade - which SE?

• 15-01-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Have a 580i at the moment and I am so sick of it!! Buttons snapped after 3 months and now one of the soft keys isn't working (the one that answers calls and sends text messages!) and the battery alarm keeps going off even though the battery shows over 50% plus the bluetooth is acting up :mad:

Only have it 9 months and it's been in for repair once already and was wiped. Am not happy to have that happen again as I lost loads of stuff.

Meteor will give me an upgrade based on spend but I can't work out which phone to get. Would prefer SE as I have 2 chargers already plus a car charger plus a SE Bluetooth headset which I found out is not universally compatible when I had to use an old Motorola when the 580i was in for repair.

I'm a big texter, would like a better camera than the 580i's useless thing. MP3 player not a huge deal as long as there's a radio. Have a mp3 player so only used the phone one when my car stereo was broken.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

athtrasna wrote: »
    was wiped. Am not happy to have that happen again as I lost loads of stuff.

back it up before sending it away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    back it up before sending it away?

I had backed it up but not settings or downloads so it took me days to get it right again.

Bottom line is it's less than 9 months old... it shouldn't have had to go in for repair once, not to mind twice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

C902 is what I'm using myself at the moment. It's decent enough. If you want to stick with a slider, the W595 isn't half bad. Feels very solid. The C905 is lovely, but very big, but considering what's in it (GPS, WiFi), it's hardly surprising, but you have to ask yourself, do you need features like that?

Advertisement