Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Awards 2008 - Time to Vote

Options
  • 15-01-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

OK folks,

Time to vote on the best games of 2008.

The nominations have been counted, and the survey is up and running. Please go to the following URL to take the survey:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/gameawards.php

Some notes:
    1. You need to be a registered member of boards.ie and logged in to take the survey.
    2. Only 1 response per boards user will be counted towards the results.
    3. If you have any technical issues with the survey, please PM me - don't post to this thread.
    4. Results will be private until the survey has finished.
    5. Full results will be disclosed at the end of the survey (all answers for all questions) so you can see how things shaped up overall.
    6. The published results will be anonymous, so vote honestly!
    7. Survey will end Friday 23rd January, 2009 at midnight.

Thanks to CuLT for the backend integration, and Blitzkrieg and tman for their help with testing and proof-reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Great job, was an absolute pleasure voting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No worries tman. ;)

20 responses so far... keep 'em coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

so easy :)

well done

A weird issue has come up with some answers pre-selected for some people. Its not to try to sway your opinion, honest! I'll have to look at it in the morning.

If anyone screws up and wants a do-over, clear your cookies or use a different browser - I'll delete your older survey instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mr E wrote: »
    A weird issue has come up with some answers pre-selected for some people. Its not to try to sway your opinion, honest! I'll have to look at it in the morning.

i just assumed you really liked Braid :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didn't crop up for me I think. Anyway well done organising it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nicely done with that. The only problem i see is that, when voting under a specific console, there are certain area's that i havent played any of the games, so i just picked the ones i think i would like. Racing for one is something i havent tried any of the choices. Maybe a n/a option?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you read the instructions it says you can leave the ones you don't have an opinion about blank.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you read the instructions it says you can leave the ones you don't have an opinion about blank.
    Ah, i see that now. I dont think i could deselect some though, as a few had automatically picked themselves, which Mr E seems to know about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nice on Mr E.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah good job - very easy to vote, and nice tidy setup rather than many threads on the subject! Got the old pre-selected choice, but only on the Xbox 360 section - so a few sports and strategy games may have received an extra vote or two ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ME-OUU!!

All Ive played is MGS4, pes and Fallout.

noodler wrote: »
    ME-OUU!!

All Ive played is MGS4, pes and Fallout.

Reading it again it was unintentionally bitchy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Reading it again it was unintentionally bitchy :)

Yes Zell, it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Excellent work Mr E, very impressive system
    Looking forward to the results

OK, issue with preselected questions fixed. If anyone feels they were roped into answering questions they didn't want to answer, take it again (delete your cookies or use a different browser), and I'll delete your original answers.

Also I noticed that some of you are taking the survey with Javascript turned off, and that'll affect validation and category selection on the first question. Turn Javascript on if you were having issues.

Less than 24 hours to go.... :)
    If you haven't voted yet, this is your last chance.

Results will be posted after midnight tonight.

Advertisement