Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken AK stock

Options
  • 15-01-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

I have broken the metal piece which connects from the receiver of my AK to the stock. It's a full stock TM style AK. The piece in question is the two pronged piece which screws onto the stock, it slots into the back of the receiver. For the moment I've got it temporarily fixed with glue and the old indispensible electrical tape, but it won't take much punishment.

Anyone have any idea where I could get a replacement part for this? I've looked a bit online but I've had no luck so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

What type is it?

Do you mean an ak74m type stock?

What brand is it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Ok so has one of the two prongs which stick out broken?These are called stock tangs and to repeat what has been posted above what brand is the ak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

it was a CYMA AK47, originally, lots of internal work done, tightbore barrel, new hop etc. Wood kit installed. As it's a CYMA it should be fully TM compatible I think.

So its an ak47s?

Underfolding steel stock?

Not an ak74 type then, the under folders are notorious for breaking if not a well made one.

Ok just one last question is it a full stock ak?

• Advertisement

Yeah, full stock, standard CYMA AK 47, CM.028 I think, used to have plastic fake wood furniture but I installed a wood kit on it.

Ok well then your in luck I have one left over from a project.I will be back in Limerick at the weekend and if you pm me you name and address I can send it to you monday.

Thanks brilliant, thanks a million, I'll PM ya now.

No trouble always happy to help a fellow ak fan out,also nicely done on the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

oh you kalashnikov heads never stop helping eachother lol

• Advertisement

omg I'm a noob, for some reason I was convinced it was a folding stock, I hadn't a clue what you were on about :o

Congrats on getting proper help :D

Advertisement