Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Micra Visia flashy light

Options
  • 15-01-2009 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone would know about this. I just bought an 03 Nissan Micra Visia.
    The car doesn't have an alarm but when you turn off the ignition a red light flashes on the dash. It's a car symbol with a key in the centre. It flashes consistantly until you start the car again. Is this to make it look like the car has an alarm or do ye reckon its a warning light? Or is it something to do with the key? Just seems weird if it is a warning light that it flashes only when the engine is off.
    Thanks a mil, probably just me being a bit thick!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Look in the handbook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 coinin_clumhach

Yup that was my first thought alright. Didn't get one with the car. Only picked it up yesterday. No manual in it and can't find an online one either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone would know about this. I just bought an 03 Nissan Micra Visia.
    The car doesn't have an alarm but when you turn off the ignition a red light flashes on the dash. It's a car symbol with a key in the centre. It flashes consistantly until you start the car again. Is this to make it look like the car has an alarm or do ye reckon its a warning light? Or is it something to do with the key? Just seems weird if it is a warning light that it flashes only when the engine is off.
    Thanks a mil, probably just me being a bit thick!

Not really big on Nissan but I would imagine it is something to do with your immobiliser,I'd guess that it's normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Its just to show the car has an immobiliser and is immobilised. Thats why it goes off when you start it up as its no longer immobilised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 coinin_clumhach

Ahh deadly! Good to know, thanks a mill Furtzy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep that is normal, it is the immobiliser light. When you take the key out of the ignition the immobiliser arms itself, shown by the flashing light on the dash.

Advertisement