Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Card-Baby food question..

Options
  • 15-01-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All!
    My Sister Had a beautiful Baby Girl new years day, she had to sell her own buisness in order to have her little daughter so has, for first time ever, been "awarded" a medical card!
    At her visit to health center this week she was asked if she had medical card and when she replied she had she was given Eight tins of Baby Powder!!
    She was a little embarrassed on receiving these so hurried out.

But we are now wondering is this a monthly benifit or a once off? I know back in my own mothers day Medical card holders were given baby powder /food and milk vouchers weekly.

Any info or advice appreciated!

PS I know she could just ask herself but she doesn't want to appear as tho she's begging or asking for help!! We're just really curious as to her intitlements..

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Jodub22 wrote: »
    Hi All!
    My Sister Had a beautiful Baby Girl new years day, she had to sell her own buisness in order to have her little daughter so has, for first time ever, been "awarded" a medical card!
    At her visit to health center this week she was asked if she had medical card and when she replied she had she was given Eight tins of Baby Powder!!
    She was a little embarrassed on receiving these so hurried out.

But we are now wondering is this a monthly benifit or a once off? I know back in my own mothers day Medical card holders were given baby powder /food and milk vouchers weekly.

Any info or advice appreciated!

PS I know she could just ask herself but she doesn't want to appear as tho she's begging or asking for help!! We're just really curious as to her intitlements..

Thank you!

I've never heard of it personally and i have a medical card (albeit temporarily). At a guess i would say its a one off, why dont you ring anonymously and ask?

I know how she feels about being embarrassed but she really shouldnt be, thats what they are there for! SHe should take all the help she can get babies are so so expensive and its hard times for everyone!

Congratulations to your sister btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

Does your sister live in the north? I know that you can get free baby formula in health centers in northern ireland and england. have never heard of getting it here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

OP I remember getting baby milk on my first that was 8 years ago think I got 4/6 tins twice. Dont recall how it came about that I got it and dont recall getting it on my 2nd. Not much help am I!:D

Advertisement