Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11890 not sending me the text on, rights?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I rang 11890 today and asked for a number which they found and I asked if I could be texted to me, they said yes.

5 minutes later they didn't have it sent, so I rang them again. I asked for it again and still they haven't texted it to me. What are my rights? At the least I should get the second call not charged.

Anyway the second person will get a manager to ring me back... I'd say their text thing is messed up as I've asked people to text me to see if its a problem at my end which its not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

See Below for answer: they give you a lotto ticket instead of a refund...

Full refund policy
    Call 11890 Ltd offers customers a personal Directory Enquiries Service that has been constructed with customer needs and preferences in mind. This ethos of meeting customers’ needs in a personal way also underpins the procedures in place for dealing with customer complaints.

1. Contacting 11890 Ltd with a complaint
    Customers who wish to make a complaint to Call 11890 Ltd. can contact the Company using any of the following channels:

By telephone* to our Customer Service number 01 6869100 is our main number and is available on our website.
    Via email** to customerservice@11890.ie
    By writing to Customer Service Manager, Call II890 Ltd., Unit 1A Willsborough Business Park, Clonshaugh Industrial Estate, Dublin 17.
    * Customers can of course also register complaints via the Directory Enquiry service number 11890. Where a customer is using this number to register a complaint it’s the policy of Call 11890 Ltd to advise the customer of the charges for ringing 11890 and to offer to ring back the customer to complete the conversation. ** The email facility is accessible directly from 11890’s website; www.11890.ie

2. Recording Customer Complaints
    All complaints received by Call 11890 Ltd by email or in writing are recorded in a Complaints Database. Complaints received by telephone are recorded in this Database if the nature of the complaint is deemed significant by the Customer Service Manager and/or when further action to resolve a telephone complaint is required. Call Centre operators’ record all telephone complaints on paper. These complaints are then passed to the Customer Service Manager who decides if each complaint warrants entry to the Complaints Database.

The Complaints Database contains the following information fields:

Name and address of complainant.
    Contact telephone number and/or fax number and/or email address of complainant.
    Date on which complaint was received.
    Nature of complaint.
    It’s intended that records of complaints will be retained on the Complaints Database for three years from the date the complaint is first received.

3. Investigation of Complaints
    All complaints will be reviewed by the Customer Service Manager upon receipt. All complaints received will be fully investigated with a response being given to the customer as soon as practicable. It’s the policy of Call 11890 Ltd to investigate and respond to complaints within five working days of them being received. Where in the view of the Customer Service Manager, a complaint will take longer than five working days to investigate, an acknowledgement will be sent to the customer and the customer will be kept up to date with progress reports as appropriate.

4. Types of Complaint
    Complaints received are divided into the following categories each of which has its own procedures for investigation and resolution:

(a) Incorrect or no number given: Where a complaint is received that a caller to 11890 was given an incorrect number and/or given no number; it’s the general policy of Call 11890 Ltd to accept the customer’s word and offer reimbursement as outlined at point 5 below. This general policy will not however apply if after investigation it’s shown that 11890 did not have access to the number requested or that there is a significant doubt as to the veracity of the complaint. The Customer Service Manager will review each compliant to ensure that every opportunity for ‘organisation learning’ is taken..
    (b) Complaints about Call Centre Operators: Where a complaint is received about the behaviour or attitude of a Call Centre Operator; it shall immediately be investigated by the Customer Service Manager. Where the complaint has the potential if proven, to result in disciplinary action being taken against the Operator, the Operator shall be asked for a written report of the incident as a routine step in the investigation. It’s the policy of Call 11890 Ltd to protect the privacy of both its staff and customers. The agreed disciplinary procedures for Call 11890 Ltd outline a process for handling behaviour/performance issues with Call Centre Operators. Complainants will receive a response outlining the results of the investigation carried out and where appropriate an apology.
    (c) Complaints about 11890 charges: Call 11890 Ltd believes its charges to be both reasonable and transparent and will defend these charges where necessary. Nonetheless all complaints will be investigated on their merits and where the complaint is deemed reasonable, Call 11890 Ltd will respond in a positive way as outlined in point 5 below.
    (d) Other Complaints: All other complaints will be investigated on their individual merits and resolved speedily and with fairness.
    As Call 11890 Ltd is in its infancy as a Company; it’s accepted that the categorisation of complaints as outlined above may change over time as complaints received are investigated and analysed.

5. Compensation/Refund
    Because it’s not technically possible to reimburse complainants through making a credit to the telephone account, Call 11890 Ltd has in place alternative compensatory measures for complainants whose complaint is deemed justified following investigation by Call 11890 Ltd.

Where the amount of compensation/refund of call charges is less than €5, Call 11890 Ltd will pay compensation to the complainant by means of National Lottery Scratch Cards, with the minimum offer being a €2 Card. This is purely for administrative convenience and does not undermine the right of the complainant to receive their compensation/refund by cheque.

Where the amount of compensation/refund is greater than €5, it’s the policy of Call 11890 Ltd to pay the amount due by cheque.

6. Further Action
    As a matter of policy, Call 11890 Ltd will inform complainants who are not satisfied with either the efforts made to resolve their complaint or with the outcome of these efforts, of the options available for taking the complaint to another forum. Naturally these options will be dependant on the nature of each individual complaint but in the main will include one or more of the following:

Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg)
    Small Claims Court
    Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

All tha procedure for a few cent..Not worth the hassle..let your fingers do the talkin..Try 11850 or 11811

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

its not the money for me, its more so the principal. anyway I've sent them a text. That manager never rang me. I got the text messages about 45 minutes later... 2 of them. But 11890 is there because its all about needing a number in a rush.

Ive used a lot of Directory enquires due to my work and in Fairness 11890 are not only cheaper but it has to be said they are def nicer to deal with. I like they way they tall you the number instead of putting you through to a stupid computer.

Dont forget on the text issue, it may not be their fault. Dont forget your operator may be to blame. I realise you say you tested your texts but did you test it from all four networks????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

UPDATE:

11890 just rang me back there and appologised and by way of a refund offered me two scratch cards. She also gave me her direct line number in case I had an issue like this again.

I'm happy enough with this.

The reason why it happened was because of a fault with their text service. I asked if the operators could be notified about such an occurance. they are in a sence, but by way of reports. Perhaps they will do the reports more often now.

I will keep using 11890 after this positive experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Fair play to them.. (thanks for the update...) I think i'll use them more now me self.......!:D

I think 11890 owe me a few fecking scratch cards for my excellent customer service!!!!

Advertisement