Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balaclava?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where in Dublin City Centre I might find one? And no directions to Sinn Féin HQ please :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Places like the Outdoor Adventure Store on Liffey Street should have them. Anywhere that sells camping/hiking or biker gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

There's an army surplus store up around capel street.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What is it for?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=balaclava

I have the first one on that list and it is amazingly warm for the thinness of it. It is a form fit and you can move it down your face to cover nose, or down at the chin. The bib on it can tuck into your sweatshirt.

Free delivery from them and it comes from up north, usually 2-3 days delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

thanks, it's actually for walking around new york this weekend as it's -9 with wind chill bringing that down further hopefully will get to great outdoors as it's nearest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

I was looking for one of these and they are very hard to find. I wanted the one from Under Armour as the chin part pulls down and up...

I phoned every UnderArmour dealer (supposedly) in Ireland and they said they don't do the ballaclava's... I was not happy :(

I'm going to Harbin China on Saturday... it's currently -11C by day, and -21C by night... I better be able to find a proper balaclava.
    Places like the Outdoor Adventure Store on Liffey Street should have them. Anywhere that sells camping/hiking or biker gear.

No.... because I went into the Outdoor Adventure Store and other similar shops asking and they didn't have any. I also went into Cycleways on parnell street.

balls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

walking around NY .... wear a neck gator and body armour..... very thin layers but keep the heat in.

Also try some "North Face" or "Lowe Alpine" stuff - they usually have a range of fleeces/tops/jackets that will keep you warm....search online, or buy in the shops when you get there.

The neck gator thingy you can get in a motorbike shop, body armour thing should be available in sports shops.....or can get both online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Cully wrote: »
    No.... because I went into the Outdoor Adventure Store and other similar shops asking and they didn't have any. I also went into Cycleways on parnell street.

balls!
    It's a good few years since I got mine. My dad got it for me one year for Halloween, and I thought it was Liffey St. where he got it. I've just asked him, and he said he got it in a camping shop in Mary's Lane. He can't remember the name of the shop, and Google Maps isn't showing anything in Mary's Lane. There are a couple of camping shops showing up near by, so something could be found in either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I was in the Arnott's Bargain Shop the other day, and I'm pretty certain they had them in the men's section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This the look you're goin for buddy??? :D

Burglar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

It's a good few years since I got mine. My dad got it for me one year for Halloween, and I thought it was Liffey St. where he got it. I've just asked him, and he said he got it in a camping shop in Mary's Lane. He can't remember the name of the shop, and Google Maps isn't showing anything in Mary's Lane. There are a couple of camping shops showing up near by, so something could be found in either of them.

Yes... I also went into all of those other camping shops and they have none at the moment. Capel street has about 4 camping shops, and the road at the end of henry street has 2... but no balaclavas.
    brophs wrote: »
    I was in the Arnott's Bargain Shop the other day, and I'm pretty certain they had them in the men's section.

F***!!! I went all over Arnotts... mostly in the sports sections and there were absolutely none. I didn't think to check in the bargain shop... thought there was only crap in there :O :O :O

Here's the one I ideally wanted... the chin pulls down easily so is handy...
    5503black.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Cully wrote: »
    I'm going to Harbin China on Saturday... it's currently -11C by day, and -21C by night... I better be able to find a proper balaclava.

Are you going to the Ice Festival in Harbin ? If so I'd really appreciate feedback on what it is like- been meaning to go for a number of years now....

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

i want one for halloween, cant find any anywhere..

Advertisement