Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb DSL Dropouts

Options
  • 15-01-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    i'm on dsl extra from digiweb 7.6meg download. About a week ago started having problems with disconnects every 10 odd minutes. Phoned them up no help at all as suspected. Anyone having the same issue? Any ideas welcome.
    cheers,
    jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

jackbauer wrote: »
    hi all,
    i'm on dsl extra from digiweb 7.6meg download. About a week ago started having problems with disconnects every 10 odd minutes. Phoned them up no help at all as suspected. Anyone having the same issue? Any ideas welcome.
    cheers,
    jack
    They've usually been very good any time I needed some assistance. Did they say all looked okay from their side?
    Are you using a wireless router inside the house? Is there any chance that is what is causing the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

yeah said it was fine their end. i am using the supplied zyxel wireless router but the main pc is connected directly to the lan socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Do all the lights on the modem remain as they normally are during the dropouts?
    Can you descripe the drop outs? What are you doing at the time? Does it drop out on all devices on the network?
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

sometimes the lights stay on others it actually drops the line entirely. Generally happens when just browsing , email , torrent etc. Happens on the laptop also so i dont think its a pc issue.

Advertisement