Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Buggy Shopping in Newry HELP!

Options
  • 15-01-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

Need to purchase a double buggy, newborn on the way and have an 18mth old so need a buggy that will accommodate both.
    Can anyone recommend any shops/ websites in Newry to purchase a double buggy and any recommendations on decent double buggies for newborn on the way and have an 18mth old would be really helpful.

Thanks
    JB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

lilywhite wrote: »
    Hi all,

Need to purchase a double buggy, newborn on the way and have an 18mth old so need a buggy that will accommodate both.
    Can anyone recommend any shops/ websites in Newry to purchase a double buggy and any recommendations on decent double buggies for newborn on the way and have an 18mth old would be really helpful.

Thanks
    JB

Hi JB, went up last week to Toys R Us in Lisburn and got a Phil & Ted with the Double seat for my sister for €350, not bad considering the same one here is nearly €600. Lisburn is only another 30 minutes from the Newry Roundabout, the same amount of time it would take you to get to Sainsburys in Newry if traffic is busy.

I have used a Phil & Teds for my 2 for the last couple of years and found it to be great. Narrow enough and short enough with the 2 kids in to let you stroll around town/shops/other places without too much hassle.

I did use a McLaren double buggy when I was on holidays and I hated it. Really wide and awkward to move. Plus the kids hated it, seats were too narrow and they were able to annoy each other when tired.

Other double buggies are tandem ones and they seem like a nightmare because they are too long. You could go for a Jane as they are another neat alternative, no idea what the are like to use though.

Mothercare do not keep stock of the Phil & Teds up North. You would need to ring them up, order one and wait 5 days as they get it shipped in.

You could also save yourself some cash by going in and doing some shopping in Sainsburys when you are up there. See here

Just ring the shops to see if any are in stock before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Hi JB, went up last week to Toys R Us in Lisburn and got a Phil & Ted with the Double seat for my sister for €350, not bad considering the same one here is nearly €600. Lisburn is only another 30 minutes from the Newry Roundabout, the same amount of time it would take you to get to Sainsburys in Newry if traffic is busy.

I have used a Phil & Teds for my 2 for the last couple of years and found it to be great. Narrow enough and short enough with the 2 kids in to let you stroll around town/shops/other places without too much hassle.

I did use a McLaren double buggy when I was on holidays and I hated it. Really wide and awkward to move. Plus the kids hated it, seats were too narrow and they were able to annoy each other when tired.

Other double buggies are tandem ones and they seem like a nightmare because they are too long. You could go for a Jane as they are another neat alternative, no idea what the are like to use though.

Mothercare do not keep stock of the Phil & Teds up North. You would need to ring them up, order one and wait 5 days as they get it shipped in.

You could also save yourself some cash by going in and doing some shopping in Sainsburys when you are up there. See here

Just ring the shops to see if any are in stock before you go.
    We bought a Phil & Ted double pram. Excellent piece of kit. We went to a shop to try it out and then bought it off http://www.kiddicare.com/_buggies/phil-and-ted-double-buggy.htm Much cheaper than the shops.

MrP

Advertisement