Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB headsets?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Hi have a really annoying problem with headsets at the moment. The mike never works ive tried front ports, back ports, new soundcards etc. Would a usb head set fix my problem and are they available? and at a reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Fitzy get a USB mic, its what I have.
    Then just use any headset ye want ;)

I got a deadly USB logitech mic for 15 :), also means ye can play your games with a Mic and blast the sound out the 5.1 during the daytime :D instead of always havin to wear earphones/headset

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Fitzy get a USB mic, its what I have.
    Then just use any headset ye want ;)

I got a deadly USB logitech mic for 15 :), also means ye can play your games with a Mic and blast the sound out the 5.1 during the daytime :D instead of always havin to wear earphones/headset

think i have the same one, hate headsets/headphones they annoy me. use the usb mic and the speakers, works great some people bitch about echos tho :D

Logitech are quality products, theres a noise filter on it im sure...so i dont think ye can hear feedback or echo, lest its right beside your speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Right click on the volume button on the taskbar, click recording devices, set usb heaset microphone as default.

same thing for analog headsets.

The desktop microphone there is fine - I had one, but I much prefer their laptop Headset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

thats what i have 15 quid in pc world.

does the job very well

Its the exact one i have :)

The ratings are bull btw

You've been on comms with me, in Left4Dead and Ventrillo, sound quality is perfect..i think it all depends really on you soundcard, but its not gonna be a huge difference, as long as its USB and we can understand you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Think i might splash on an audigy or something similiar my sc is a generic maplins one. Does the sound get so much better eith a good sound card/speaker setup?

Not that noticable tbh if your just a normal cpu user tbh
    Ye can easily pick up a audigy for 20 quid or so nowadays

Advertisement