Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can get 'For Sale' sign for house?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anyone who makes and puts up those 'For Sale' signs that go in the front garden of houses that are on the market?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to sell a house without involving an Estate Agent.

Many thanks,
    DW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Any good high street printing shop will knock you up one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

I think you'll have bigger problems to get a 'Sold' sign ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

try youbuyfromme.com they are an indep advertising website, not bad, not sure what their traffic ratings are like (we have some overseas properties listed with them and get a few enquiries from it, but no idea of what they are like for local market).
    anyway, they also sell 'for sale' signs so you could try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i know a nice place for sale around the corner from me. all we need to do is agree on a price !

try ebay ?
    http://shop.ebay.ie/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=for+sale+sign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SiDay

I run a company that produces 360 degree virtual tours for home vendors. We then host them on our server and put up a sale board, which features a panoramic photo of an interior room of the house and the URL where the tour can be viewed. This would be an ideal solution for a private seller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

SiDay wrote: »
    I run a company that produces 360 degree virtual tours for home vendors. We then host them on our server and put up a sale board, which features a panoramic photo of an interior room of the house and the URL where the tour can be viewed. This would be an ideal solution for a private seller.
    Thanks, but the place would be in need of modernisation and I don't think this would be the ideal way to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

http://www.privateseller.ie/

maybe this service could help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ravendude

Use Signarama, - thats what I did, otherwise any of these guys (http://goldenpages.ie/search/sign.html) , - 30 euro for a PVC sign. Down to B+Q for a piece of stake and about 3 feet of 2 inch by 1 inch wood. Place the sign on the stake, and nail the piece of 2 X 1 over it. Buy a Club hammer/Mallet (10 euro ot thereabouts) and hammer it into the ground. Total cost is less than 50 euro and about 20 minutes of light work.

That's interesting. So now I've found out about three dedicated websites for selling property in Ireland privately, them being:

www.privateseller.ie
    www.youbuyfromme.ie
    www.sellityourself.ie

Would anyone rate one as being superior?

The one thing that really ticks me off about some of the above sites is not being able to do a freetext search on the address.

That's interesting. So now I've found out about three dedicated websites for selling property in Ireland privately, them being:

www.privateseller.ie
    www.youbuyfromme.ie
    www.sellityourself.ie

Would anyone rate one as being superior?

The one thing that really ticks me off about some of the above sites is not being able to do a freetext search on the address.

Hi DublinWriter,

TBH, I'm not sure that they offer much more other than an overpriced sign. With most, you even have to write on your phone number with a marker. They don't put the sign up for you and you still have to go out and buy a stake and hammer and nails. None of these would get any where near as much exposure as daft.ie, at least not at the moment. Practically all serious buyers who are comfortable with the internet will end up having a look at daft.ie
    You would be much better of spending 200/300 on a daft.ie advert and another 30 euro on getting the sign made up yourself.

• Advertisement

ravendude wrote: »
    Hi DublinWriter,
    TBH, I'm not sure that they offer much more other than an overpriced sign. With most, you even have to write on your phone number with a marker. They don't put the sign up for you and you still have to go out and buy a stake and hammer and nails.

Thanks, I did note that with some of those websites and it seemed a tad unprofessional. Daft and myhome still seem to have the strongest branding.

However, I remember reading on one of the sell-it-yourself sites that 80% of interest is generated through the sign.

In that case I'll stick one up myself or pay someone to do it for me. Any takers?

However, I remember reading on one of the sell-it-yourself sites that 80% of interest is generated through the sign.

Having just gone sale agreed (hopefully will be signed up soon), I would be to differ with them. I got about a dozen calls, - only one came from the sign, all the others came from my daft.ie advertisement.

removed

ravendude wrote: »
    Having just gone sale agreed (hopefully will be signed up soon), I would be to differ with them. I got about a dozen calls, - only one came from the sign, all the others came from my daft.ie advertisement.
    I've taken your advice and went with daft. I got feck all response with youbuyfromme.

I've taken your advice and went with daft. I got feck all response with youbuyfromme.

Good luck with it. Best advice I can give is to price realistically from day 1 and not end up reducing price gradually, thereby chasing the market to the bottom (this is what most people seem to be doing). Also make sure you have lots of photos taken during a nice bright part of the day. The property should look bright and spacious in the photos. I can't stress this enough as photos equate to "viewings" in this age of the internet.
    Best of luck!.

FYI, you can keep an eye on the number of ad views in the "My Daft" section. My experience also was that it took a week or so before I got a few calls.

Advertisement