Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Love for -"The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion " ?

• 15-01-2009 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

The Black Crowes - The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion

I have been adding some old CD's into iTunes ...when this old GEM found its way back into my life . Forgot how great it was , or maybe i am getting old and its Blues Rock style , connects with me more now.

It stands up better today than some of the grunge etc stuff out around the same time the early 90's

Got to see them a few times live around this time, they are one great live band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I could never really get into it, or the first album. Amorica, however, now that's a belter.

Have you heard Cry Of Love? They were Audley Freed's band, prior to him joining the Black Crowes. They put out a couple of great albums, Brother, the first one, in particular. Very similar feel to the Black Crowes, great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

a read in loads of magazines that it was it brilliant landmark album. got it and was disappointed.

bare in mind i had Shake Your Money Maker and loved it and Amorica and was obsessed.

so after reading those reviews i was delighted when i found it in a shop with a bonus live EP. and like i said i wasn't too impressed.

i would advise you pick up the other 2 i mentioned. the rest of their albums are not bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Great Band, great Album.
    Fav tracks are Hotel Illness and My Morning Song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This album gets much love from me. Although I think Remedy takes a lot away from it. But Hotel Illness and Thorn In My Pride are definitely the stand out tracks on the album in my honest opinon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

First two albums are brilliant, hit and miss after though, last album War Paint not a big fan of, but "The Black Crowes" would a band i must see before i die!

Advertisement