Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jobs at stake at the Kostal car components factory at Abbeyfeale & Mallow.

Options
  • 15-01-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

The slump in new car sales is having a knock on effect on firms manufacturing auto components. Kostal in Abbeyfeale which employs 600 and 400 in Mallow look as if they could be going down the same route as Dell with possible layoffs This would be devastating for both these towns. I know several working in the Abbeyfeale plant.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0115/breaking67.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

C'mon, give us a break, if I wanted to get depressed I would watch the news, or read a paper. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Holy crap.. I know loads of people working there!!!

If kostal goes Abbey Feale is in severe trouble as its the only factory in the town and it has helped that town develope so much. Bad news. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Holy crap.. I know loads of people working there!!!

If kostal goes Abbey Feale is in severe trouble as its the only factory in the town and it has helped that town develope so much. Bad news. :(
    I have two first cousins working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I worked there for years as did another member of my family and numerous friends. Abbeyfeale will die a death if the news is bad.

Also the number of employee's being quoted is way off the mark.
    There are easliy 800/1000 employed in both plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Millie wrote: »
    I worked there for years as did another member of my family and numerous friends. Abbeyfeale will die a death if the news is bad.

Also the number of employee's being quoted is way off the mark.
    There are easliy 800/1000 employed in both plants.
    I'd agree that the numbers are off the mark for Mallow anyway. Not familiar with the Abbeyfeale plant. Don't think its as high as your estimate for Mallow though, maybe a shade over 500 people working there between all the departments.

Meeting at 8am tomorrow. Nice of them to time it for a Friday so they have the weekend to avoid any backlash from whatever is going to be announced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement