Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is WWE toning everything down to PG???

• 15-01-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I really want to know why WWE is completly dropping the violent aspects of its programming...

does anyone know what the reason behind it was?

I think WWE censorship is out of control like the scratch logo on its attitude era dvds is blurred out, someone should have legally pursued that issue so we can watch dvds of the bygone era without disruption(i do accept changing the logo) Was very pissed off when i got the Viva La Raza dvd and the bonus shows had a certain superstar entirely erased, i felt let down as his match on smackdown was the best of the night and is not even present.... will this be the same with future dvds???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

WWE don't do anything for your enjoyment or any one particular person's enjoyment, they're a company looking to make as much money as possible, simple as that.
    If it had cost less to pay royalties to use the logo than to blur it, they would've done it.
    Violence is being toned down to give a better image of the company and to boost revenue.
    And I think we all know why they don't want any mention of "a certain superstar".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Quietguy018

amacachi wrote: »
    WWE don't do anything for your enjoyment or any one particular person's enjoyment, they're a company looking to make as much money as possible, simple as that.
    If it had cost less to pay royalties to use the logo than to blur it, they would've done it.
    Violence is being toned down to give a better image of the company and to boost revenue.
    And I think we all know why they don't want any mention of "a certain superstar".

those jerks

i want violence bring back the real EC F'N W

i know about 'him' but he definetly should be on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

those jerks

i want violence bring back the real EC F'N W

i know about 'him' but he definetly should be on it...

Maybe start a petition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Or maybe try looking at some other wrestling organisations.

I think its because they reckon that, what with Cena being more popular with the kiddies, and his merchandise being a great seller, that aiming their program towards kids will, in turn, sell more T-Shirts, hats, etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Yusuf Mirza

Look Brother the bottom line is money. The majority of people who watch Wrestleng are little kiddies. Im not taking the mick. I also watch wrestling or I used to untill it got all PG. They are now aiming soley at the kiddie market. they have seen the seccess of Hannah Montanna, the Highschool Musical and they said "hay I wan somma thah".

Did you also hear that WWE have stoped refering to Wrestlers as Athelites and started refering to them as Entertainers so they dont have to pay sports tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Austin 3:16

amacachi wrote: »
    Maybe start a petition.

All in favor of conserving the legacy of a double murderer, sign up here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I see this as a good thing, truth be told. One of the changes this toning down will hopefully bring about is some of the bad taste and outright vulgar storylines and skits that have plagued WWE for years as they kept trying to relive the attitude era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Yusuf Mirza

Yah but now there are not many ganuinely good matches any more. all the wrestlers just use the same few signiture moves all the time. The characters have become one dimentional. It Sucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 simon ritchie

unfortunately us marks dont pay cenas wages so they have to cater to the people who do.....hence the kids!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WweFan4Life

Hey guys, if u hate the pg rating, go to this link: http://www.petitiononline.com/WWEPG/petition.html
    and sign the petiton, so far we have a lot of signers, spread the word and hopefully wwe will change its rating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WweFan4Life

Hey guys, if u hate the pg rating, go to this link: http://www.petitiononline.com/WWEPG/petition.html
    and sign the petiton, so far we have a lot of signers, spread the word and hopefully wwe will change its rating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Yah but now there are not many ganuinely good matches any more. all the wrestlers just use the same few signiture moves all the time. The characters have become one dimentional. It Sucks!

there are plenty of good matches these days, in 2008 e.g. we had edge/taker mania, edge/taker HIAC, hbk/jericho ladder, hhh/jeff no mercy, hbk/flair mania. if there isn't at least two four star matches on a wwe ppv these days people start calling it rubbish, yet in the 1980s if there was one four star match on ppv that would be a major achievement look at WM3 as an example of this, one great match and 6 total duds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Look Brother the bottom line is money. The majority of people who watch Wrestleng are little kiddies. Im not taking the mick. I also watch wrestling or I used to untill it got all PG. They are now aiming soley at the kiddie market. they have seen the seccess of Hannah Montanna, the Highschool Musical and they said "hay I wan somma thah".

Did you also hear that WWE have stoped refering to Wrestlers as Athelites and started refering to them as Entertainers so they dont have to pay sports tax?

If they did a musical version of RAW I would watch that. I'm sure the entertainers would put on an excellent musical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I lost interest in the WWE product months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if I never looked at it again.

An online petition, it cannot fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I lost interest in the WWE product months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if I never looked at it again.

An online petition, it cannot fail.
    It will definitely be read and cared about by a WWE staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Ive noticed this

I remember the time when people were getting knocked over and wrestlers were jumping off of hell in a cell cages and even mick foley being dragged behind a truck while locked in a cage.

Very violent but also brilliant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Fact is, wrestling goes in cycles. It couldnt keep going where it was going back in the late 90's and early 00's.

Think back to the 80's when we were kids (well I was anyway). That product was aimed at kids. Hogan, Warrior, Gobbeldygooker! As the kids they hooked in grew up the product grew up with it (Undertaker, Bret, Shawn) and when those same fans hit puberty the WWF did too (Attitude). All thats happened is that they've come full circle so they can attract more fans. Thats the main reason why I dont watch WWE anymore, because I'm not the target audience anymore. Its time for the next generation of kids now so if you dont like it then there are pleanty of other options you can go for to see some good 'ol rasslin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

An online petition, yeah that'll change Vinces mind:rolleyes: online petitions have never resulted in anything.ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

krudler wrote: »
    An online petition, yeah that'll change Vinces mind:rolleyes: online petitions have never resulted in anything.ever.
    Hang on now, they got Wispas back on the market!

• Advertisement
Advertisement