Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery/Starter/Other?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

So, I tried to start my 02 Mazda 323F this morning and I got a rapid click-click-click type noise - didn't sound like the engine was turning over at all. (didn't sound healthy either :( )

Got home from work there and tried it again and there's no life at all.

Any ideas? I know I didn't leave anything on that would have drained the battery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

So, I tried to start my 02 Mazda 323F this morning and I got a rapid click-click-click type noise - didn't sound like the engine was turning over at all. (didn't sound healthy either :( )

Any ideas? I know I didn't leave anything on that would have drained the battery.

Possibles:
    1. Jammed starter motor -- put the car in gear and try rocking it back and forth.
    2. Starter motor bendix drive not moving -- stuck on shaft or solenoid not able to move it. Starter motor needs to come off to check.
    3. Faulty starter motor -- the solenoid is engaging but the starter motor isn't turning. Bad power connection or earth through the braid.
    4. Dead or end of life battery -- if you can get someone with jump leads, try a jump start. If it goes then dead battery or faulty alternator not charging it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Probably the battery OP. The recent weather is the grim reaper for car batteries. Try jump starting it and if it starts ok, then its most likely the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Sounds to me like dead battery.. Only because I had this a few months ago exactly as you described.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Probably the battery OP. The recent weather is the grim reaper for car batteries. Try jump starting it and if it starts ok, then its most likely the battery.

same thing was happening to my car op. Would jumpstart not a bother, got the battery changed and wham its fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Battery dead - Replace. Simple as!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Thanks all, will get somebody to give me a jump. Hopefully that explains it.

Advertisement