Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance

Options
  • 15-01-2009 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Has anyone elses insurance gone up? Everywhere I am calling is giving ridiculous quotes & my circumstances havent changed since the last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You need to sit down with the Golden Pages and call everyone, it's the only way of being sure you're not paying any more than you have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Am finding the same thing I have an extra years no claims this year yet my insurance is still looking to be 150 more than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I've been with AXA for the past 3 years, my renewal quote was €1150 down from €1400, I'm an AIB customer (€100 off for being an AIB customer) so I checked out Hibernia on the AIB website and got a quote for €850, nice saving of €300, so I phoned up AXA with this new quote and the lowest they offered me was €1000.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,311 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My initial quote was about €15 cheaper than last year. Obviously going to shop around and see if I can beat that, but it's pretty low already so I'd say I'll be struggling to do so. Try this crowd. I've been using them for about 10 years and only once have I ever gotten a lower quote elsewhere, and that was only about €20 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

123.ie seem to have the best rates at the moment, they're worth a try. beat my renewal by €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Scottie99

+1^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Is it just me, or are Quinn insane? They always give me quote that is €400 more than anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

My OH got insurance last night for €276 fully comp with Zurick via insure.ie

€276!!!! With breakdown, winscreen cover etc etc.

She's 22 with one year full licence. Other than that cheapest was 400 odd.

Shop around ppl, there are deals out there.

BTW my insurance would have gone up by €300 if I used insure.ie so its not for everyone. There is no one insurance company that does great prices for all drivers....

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

yep i was also with quinn and circumstances hadnt changed over the year and their renewal quote was bout another €100 so I used bestquote.ie and the got a me a quote of about €400 cheaper with AXA!

Quinn are a joke anyway, their only good for 17 year old starting out on their little saxos with big exaust tins on the back of 'em!:D

Advertisement