Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Catchphrase

• 15-01-2009 6:27pm

Say what you see, no posting clues to any of them, and preferably don't post any answers (even in spoiler tags, it's pretty hard to resist them). Just let us know how many you got, and when enough people

I currently have all of them but 3........here ya go.

http://hostfil.es/file/13331/Name-the-Footballer-pdf.html

***Cannot for the life of me get this to upload to boards as an attachment, so would appreciate it if someone else could try.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

$hifty wrote: »
    Say what you see, no posting clues to any of them, and preferably don't post any answers (even in spoiler tags, it's pretty hard to resist them). Just let us know how many you got, and when enough people

***Cannot for the life of me get this to upload to boards as an attachment, so would appreciate it if someone else could try.

are they all player names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

mayordenis wrote: »
    are they all player names?
    I haven't done it yet, but opening the link opens "Name the Footballer.pdf" ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I haven't done it yet, but opening the link opens "Name the Footballer.pdf" ;)

Hmm a clue. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I converted both pages to jpeg.

Won't let me attach the PDF.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wouldn't open the pdf file for me. Can get a good few from the jpeg though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

got this in an email last week and got them all after some serious head scratching

some very tough ones there that become blazingly obvious after you get them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Got 16 of them stuck on numbers 3 5 8 and 17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anywhere to check the answers i think i have them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah good game and I think I have them all but would like to know if I was right. There a page with the answers or anything?

P.S. Post more stuff like these people they are deadly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Answers:
    1 Thierry Henry
    2 Kevin Keegan
    3 Nobby Stiles
    4 Ashley Cole
    5 Jerzy Dudek
    6 Pascal Chimbonda
    7 Wayne Rooney
    8 Diego Maradona
    9 Tim Cahill