Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spooky King John's Castle (Limerick City)

Options
  • 15-01-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I went to King John's castle today and whoa I found it very unsettling.

It was my first time to visit there and was with some class mates, I'm finding it hard to articulate but from the moment I walked out into the court yard I had an uneasy feeling. I climbed the stairs to the ramparts and had a fantastic view of the city and county but still felt weird. As I was descending the spiral stairs the whole thing started trembling, I was at the bottom at this point and there wasn't anyone else around to cause it to move. Then on three seperate ocasions I felt what I can only describe as an ice cold ball in my stomach. It made me feel quite light headed and the worst one was when I was underground in the excavated part of the sallyport. Really felt an urge to get out of there! Not a feeling of claustrophobia just icy tummy and an instinct to move.

Has anyone else ever visited the castle and had a similar experience?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

Are you sure you weren't ill or something? I've been there a few times and have never experienced anything, but I've never experienced anything paranormal myself anywhere else, though I do believe. I don't find the place spooky or anything but many people certainly died there in the past! It certainly seems like a likely place for paranormal activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

baglady wrote: »
    Are you sure you weren't ill or something? .

No definitely not ill, I wouldn't have posted it here in a serious forum if I had an explanation for it! But really, just icy cold feelings that went away when I moved away from that area of the castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

ok cool. did feel anything when u were actually inside the castle? or was it just outside. did any of your friends report a similar thing. that is really interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Hi , I've been there a couple of times, is a pretty creepy place, not surprised u felt freaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

baglady wrote: »
    ok cool. did feel anything when u were actually inside the castle? or was it just outside. did any of your friends report a similar thing. that is really interesting!!

yeah, the worst of it was when I was in the sallyport area which is where they are doing a lot of underground excavations, I didn't say much to my fellow students as I was afraid of derision but two people commented on how pale I had suddenly gone! The place where the stairs were shaking was over where you access the ramparts and can look out over the river and thomandgate etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement