Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which players are moving to the PDC ??

• 15-01-2009 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi does anyone know what players are moving to the PDC now Lakeside is over?? there has been rumours about
    Anderson
    Oshea
    Fitton
    Whitlock
    Webster

all moving once Lakesside finished. But i hve not heard anything from any websites or papers. Does anyone on here have any inside info at all????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

With the BDO increasing their prize fund, why would they?? BDO looks like an easier spot to pick up cash now than it did.

Why doesn't Setanta pick up on the BDO??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

I thought it was showing it.

Really? I have setanta here in the bar and I'll seen on it so far is league of legends?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

AndyP wrote: »
    I thought it was showing it.

They were showing it but they have now canceled their contract. Supposedly the BDO are too hard to deal with and it's not worth the trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rogue-status

With the BDO increasing their prize fund, why would they?? BDO looks like an easier spot to pick up cash now than it did.

Increasing its prize fund to what?? most of there tournements are only around £10,000 for winners. Th PDC are going to have 6 tournements on tv with £100,000 or more for winners. You get more for getting to round 2 in the PDC than what you would winning most micket mouse BDO tournements. The PDC prize fund is £6 million for 2009 and £7 million the next year, the Bdo is not even hal that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The next event that any of the BDO players who decide to switch can enter is the German Players Championships at the end of February because entry for the next Players Championships has closed and they Premier League also starts.

So if any of the players decide to switch don't expect to hear anything until at least February and probably very close to the end of February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Any chance of knocking this BDO/PDC crap on the head, its getting boring.

Yeah, just think for the likes of Anderson and Whitlock, being a big fish in a small pond might suit them.

BDO have to move with the times. You'd think they'd bend over backwards to accomodate the likes of Setanta, rather than the part time half ass BBC coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rogue-status

Yeah, just think for the likes of Anderson and Whitlock, being a big fish in a small pond might suit them.

BDO have to move with the times. You'd think they'd bend over backwards to accomodate the likes of Setanta, rather than the part time half ass BBC coverage

Well said whats happened to the setanta deal???

AndyP wrote: »
    Any chance of knocking this BDO/PDC crap on the head, its getting boring.

Andy, I'm not engaging in a who's better conversation on this one, just when you see players moving from one org to another, you start picking simple ways of stopping it.

The BDO has to start holding onto it's big names if fans are going to develop any loyalty to that brand.

If people keep seeing their favourite BDO players crossing over, then really how long is it going to last??

With King breaking the top 6, it definitely creates more incentive for the BDO guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i was thinking of joining the PDC this year but i might leave now :D

Good call shooter. give yourself another few hours at the board first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

We should have a Boards.ie Order of Merit

Top player end of the year tries his hand in a PDC tournament hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

We should have a Boards.ie Order of Merit

Top player end of the year tries his hand in a PDC tournament hahaha

Will we be allowed to drink during this event ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Would you hold it anywhere else other than a pub :D

**sidenote**
    i dont drink so it doesnt really affect me

Well I've a bar here in Laois, nice central location for a boards competition!! Get a few models for the walk on and do a web link to tg4, we'd beat the BBC's coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Well I've a bar here in Laois, nice central location for a boards competition!! Get a few models for the walk on and do a web link to tg4, we'd beat the BBC's coverage

:D Great idea, Can I bring one of the models home!!
    If we sent a web link they would probably start TG4 interactive and you would have to press the red button which means most people would not be able to have access of the darts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

right idea, but laois ! deliverance country :eek:

Advertisement