Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live and Imagine Broadband

Options
  • 15-01-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Howdy folks,
    I've been on live for a couple of years, using eircom broadband and never had any issues. I've now switched to imagine and I'm having issues.

I'm still using the eircom netopia 3374 router. It has been changed to use my imagine user name and password. The settings on the xbox have been changed to use the same user name and password. So far so good.

The main problem is this.

When the PC is on and connected to the internet, and I then turn on the xbox and sign in to live, the internet connection to the PC is lost. However at times I can ping a web site, but I cannot browse the site.

The router has a static IP address and I have manually set the PC and xbox to 192.168.x.1 and 192.168.x.2.

If the xbox is left on automatic, it will take the IP address of the router. Both the PC and xbox are connected to the router via ethernet cables.

I have tried updating the NAT settings on the router, however in the drop down box the PC is the only device listed, the xbox is never here.

Been on to the imagine tech support but they're saying its a M$ issue.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Dawg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

UnderDawg2 wrote: »
    Howdy folks,
    I've been on live for a couple of years, using eircom broadband and never had any issues. I've now switched to imagine and I'm having issues.

I'm still using the eircom netopia 3374 router. It has been changed to use my imagine user name and password. The settings on the xbox have been changed to use the same user name and password. So far so good.

The main problem is this.

When the PC is on and connected to the internet, and I then turn on the xbox and sign in to live, the internet connection to the PC is lost. However at times I can ping a web site, but I cannot browse the site.

The router has a static IP address and I have manually set the PC and xbox to 192.168.x.1 and 192.168.x.2.

If the xbox is left on automatic, it will take the IP address of the router. Both the PC and xbox are connected to the router via ethernet cables.

I have tried updating the NAT settings on the router, however in the drop down box the PC is the only device listed, the xbox is never here.

Been on to the imagine tech support but they're saying its a M$ issue.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Dawg

whats the story dawg, are you still going on about this lol!!

Advertisement