Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a wireless internet provider in East Wall that requires no phone

Options
  • 15-01-2009 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭

line?

In the process of moving in and NTL won't be in the area for at least a few months.

Would like to get a provider that will allow me to play online poker and use my PS3 online. I don't want to get a phoneline in though.

I would prefer wireless internet that is not limited to just one machine as access is required for at least 3 laptops/consoles.

Can anyone recommend a provider?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

you could consider something like irish broadband (http://www.irishbroadband.ie/product_summaries.php?cid=1)
    who have dedicated packages for what you want. looks fairly pricey, and prob have a contract.

or you could look into getting one of these wireless internet cards from three, o2 or meteor and hook it into one machine, then create a wireless network bridge from that pc... though that might get a bit technical... and might be over using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

samhail wrote: »

or you could look into getting one of these wireless internet cards from three, o2 or meteor and hook it into one machine, then create a wireless network bridge from that pc... though that might get a bit technical... and might be over using it.

You probably would run into trouble with lag while playing poker/games if you went with mobile broadband(midband). East Wall should be complete bar a few trouble spots for the ntl/upc upgrade. If you pm me your address I can check it out for you.
    Alternatively you could go with irish broadband or digiweb for wireless broadband.
    Any broadband connection can be shared all you need is a wireless router

Advertisement