Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Focus Article

Options
  • 15-01-2009 8:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

If any one is interested, there was an interesting article on the "Focus" a BBC mag about Atheism, Richard Dawkins and Evolution V Creationism.
    Its way too big to copy and paste here so I provide a link below.

Cover
    wwbsiw.jpg

Here is the article: http://rapidshare.com/files/183871922/web_ver.rar

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Will have a look, cheers man

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Further (american) article concerning Atheism and the new Creationists underhand methods to get around the law.

24ep2tt.jpg

7 page article: http://rapidshare.com/files/185193226/2009_01_18.rar

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Thanks for those. Here's some detail of Lenski's rebuttal to the creationist for those who missed it at the time...

http://www.badscience.net/2008/06/all-time-classic-creationist-pwnage/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Are these arguments with creationists generally, or young-earth creationists in particular?

If the latter, why do so many atheists bother? These people are mostly fools.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Húrin wrote: »
    If the latter, why do so many atheists bother? These people are mostly fools.
    If nobody challenges the fools, they'll only create more of them.

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »

And you have to admit that it is a lot of fun arguing against new-earth creationists.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Dades wrote: »
    I disagree. I think refuting them repeatedly gives them credibility they don't deserve.
    And you have to admit that it is a lot of fun arguing against new-earth creationists.:pac:

Really? I find it gruelling. Same rubbish again and again.

Really? I find it gruelling. Same rubbish again and again.

Yah, it does get very repetitive, very quickly. But, when having an argument, nothing feels better than to know that you're right. That's why I enjoy debating young-earth creationists so much, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I disagree. I think refuting them repeatedly gives them credibility they don't deserve.

I believe Dawkins feels the same way.

Advertisement