Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Bring Cardboard/Paper In Galway

Options
  • 15-01-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi folks we have just moved house and have about 20 boxes or more to get rid of any know a drop off recylcing place where we could bring it
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I came across this problem when I moved to Galway.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055175885&page=2

Someone suggested a place in headford but to the best of my knowledge there is no central recycling place in Galway.

People moving house always need boxes, I would suggest starting a thread saying "Free boxes!" or offer them on the yahoo group "Galway Freecycle" , that's how I got rid of mine, someone was very glad to take them off my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

There's a recycling place that would take all your cardboard just outside Tuam on the Athenry side of the town. I think it's run by the County Council.

That's the only place I know of. Bit of a pain having to go to Tuam though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Barna Waste out in Carrabrowne, Headford Rd take Cardboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Find a friend who lives in an apartment complex with a big central recycling area.

Or offer them via Galway Freecycle, someone's sure to be moving next weekend and would appreciate a few boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Does it burn well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

The city council gave me this advice (it didn't solve my problem, but that's a different issue ;-)0:

For large amounts of paper Barna Waste will accept at their private recycling company (tel: 771619 located at Carrowbrowne, Headford Road, Galway beside the Galway City Composting site).

Advertisement