Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MurphyMultiplier & Boyles

Options
  • 15-01-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this,
    http://www.boylesports.com/poker/d.asp?show=Promotions_MurphyMultiplier

pasted for the lazy :)

In just eleven weeks, starting from the 23rd of January, Boylepoker.com sponsored player Peter Murphy will attempt to turn $100 into $10,000, in our exciting Multiplier challenge. Peter will have to use all his poker, game selection and money management skills to reach this ambitious target. You can follow his progress on our blog where we’ll have regular updates from the Boylepoker.com Team and Peter himself.

So, look out for alias murphymultiplier at the Boylepoker.com tables from January 23rd to see if our man can turn a $100 bankroll into $10,000.

Let the challenge begin!

Anyone know if Peter posts here? Would love to hear how many hours it's going to take him to do this, seeing as he has 11 weeks to complete this task, also there must be some rules?? i know Jesus (CF) did this on full tilt a couple of years back but there were some major rules!

Hope it goes well for him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pgodkin wrote: »
    i know Jesus (CF) did this on full tilt a couple of years back but there were some major rules!
    He did it from $1 and with $0 (and to $20k)

I imagine, players will be out to stack the guy above. Which could be a good thing at lower limits (with good BRM)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

He posted a bit as variation of "Pistol Pete" last week during the whole IPC Drama bomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

WTF are the qualifications to become a Boylesports sponsored player?

Is it like a degree from DBS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

Haha, I may try this at the same time for the laugh, could be the perfect oppurtunity to start a blog :) (and FAIL, but, meh, nonetheless)

FYP
    The C Kid wrote: »
    WTF are the qualifications to become a Boylesports sponsored player?

Is it like a degree from DBC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Ramiriquez wrote: »
    Haha, I may try this at the same time for the laugh, could be the perfect oppurtunity to start a blog :) (and FAIL, but, meh, nonetheless)

I know Paul and Ciaran read this board, but yes, this is the trick they nearly missed and still have time to go for.

There's a race to put on here which'd be way better than the points races on other skins.

No more hiding for some of the "my nick's a secret" nick boardsies.

Yeah, you're dead right. This should be some kind of challenge. I'm gonna do it for the craic but I'm thinking they could have made more of this us low level players that may do this just for the hell of it. Some kinda prize?? Anyway you can now follow my poker ramblings st http://ramiriquez.blogspot.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

pgodkin wrote: »
    Anyone seen this,
    http://www.boylesports.com/poker/d.asp?show=Promotions_MurphyMultiplier

pasted for the lazy :)

In just eleven weeks, starting from the 23rd of January, Boylepoker.com sponsored player Peter Murphy will attempt to turn $100 into $10,000, in our exciting Multiplier challenge. Peter will have to use all his poker, game selection and money management skills to reach this ambitious target. You can follow his progress on our blog where we’ll have regular updates from the Boylepoker.com Team and Peter himself.

So, look out for alias murphymultiplier at the Boylepoker.com tables from January 23rd to see if our man can turn a $100 bankroll into $10,000.

Let the challenge begin!

Anyone know if Peter posts here? Would love to hear how many hours it's going to take him to do this, seeing as he has 11 weeks to complete this task, also there must be some rules?? i know Jesus (CF) did this on full tilt a couple of years back but there were some major rules!

Hope it goes well for him

Thanks

Yes its me, I dont really know how many hours it will take tbh but i know its goin to be a grind. I could try a spin up playing with a few buy ins but i am goin to have a 15 BI rule which means at the start i am going to be playin 2c 4c :( what a grind :mad:.

I will play mostly cash and will obviously be playing all the nice freerolls boylepoker has to offer. When (If) i get to a $300-400 i will start playing some small buyin MTTs and a few sateliites for the bigger tournaments. Its gonna be tough but i am looking forward to a challenge!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

you must really hate your life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

GL Sir

I've done this before (took me a wee bit longer), but the bonuses and the games were better then and I didn't have a thousand cynics looking over my shoulder.

• Advertisement

smoothcall wrote: »
    you must really hate your life

Yes life sucks, it will only get worse though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

well if you do challenges like this it will.....

gl all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Man you a crazy bast**d as for someone who's down in that level trying to build a br, watch out fot the re-reaise pre and flop push its always A6 off its a brillent level to be at its so funny, maybe thats the reason im not winning i'm enjoyin it to much :rolleyes: O, the $5 30 man stt's are good value though, keepin my head above water thanks to them! but that where you get to the highroller section of micro level

Good luck!

smoothcall wrote: »
    well if you do challenges like this it will.....

gl all the same

Thanks, i actually thought it would be easier but the more i started thinkin about it the harder it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Congrats on the deal Pete, well deserved for pure consistency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

what kind of timeline would people think would be appropriate for some sort of prop bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

what kind of timeline would people think would be appropriate for some sort of prop bet?

donno but this guy thought he could do it by xmas

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055300553

nicnicnic wrote: »
    donno but this guy thought he could do it by xmas

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055300553

how long would you give me?

how long would you give me?

meh i span $11 rakeback in an old account into €7,000 in two weeks last july messing about so someone as good as you about 6 days

edit to say the first $10 stt I played was very important

meh i span $11 rakeback in an old account into €7,000 in two weeks last july messing about so someone as good as you about 6 days

well with roll management clause. no spin ups. i need van dice to book action or sumtin. id be up for this

• Advertisement

well with roll management clause. no spin ups. i need van dice to book action or sumtin. id be up for this

six days ?

Id say Reggie will jump all over that

six days ?

six months maybe i dont even play poker anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

six days ?

Ye but he'll probably welch in the end so there's no point in taking his bet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

any bet where you start with $0 is perfect for Reggie all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

This seems completly fking idiotic to me unless you are being paid an hourly rate to play. I know a couple of guys who are paid $35-70 an hour (increasing the lower they play) by their sites. If not you need to be committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd imagine the deal Boyle are offering him makes this worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ShipIt

Can someone please tell me what a Boylepoker sponsored player means?
    I know Marty and Padraig have decent deals but what about players like Rory Liffey and Scott Gray, are they just on zero rake deals and so on or whats the craic....all the best to them regardless, great support for Irish poker players form BP....

ShipIt wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what a Boylepoker sponsored player means?
    I know Marty and Padraig have decent deals but what about players like Rory Liffey and Scott Gray, are they just on zero rake deals and so on or whats the craic....all the best to them regardless, great support for Irish poker players form BP....

I doubt you'll get an answer to that tbh i don't think its anyones business except the parties involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ShipIt

I doubt you'll get an answer to that tbh i don't think its anyones business except the parties involved

Ye true...u got to give them credit...also their faith has been well awarded by the results of the players...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

Pretty sure if you save enough Cornflakes tokens you can become one.

Advertisement