Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MurphyMultiplier & Boyles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Are Boyles offering odds on him suceeding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

We were going to offer odds but its hard to price. Peter thought he was odds on at first but now not so sure, my guess is around 6/4 (though im not taking bets either way).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Did you play under a screenname PistolPeteisallin on iPoker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

We were going to offer odds but its hard to price. Peter thought he was odds on at first but now not so sure, my guess is around 6/4 (though im not taking bets either way).
    would you give me odds on doing it in 11 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭marty smyth

This seems completly fking idiotic to me unless you are being paid an hourly rate to play. I know a couple of guys who are paid $35-70 an hour (increasing the lower they play) by their sites. If not you need to be committed.

i don't see why u'd need to be mad to do this. sounds like it would be good fun to set yourself this as a one-off challenge and see if u can do it.

in fact, i'm going to attempt a similar challenge, by trying to turn $10,000 into $100 in 11 days... anyone wanna give me odds? anyone wanna race me?

gl peter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

i don't see why u'd need to be mad to do this. sounds like it would be good fun to set yourself this as a one-off challenge and see if u can do it.

in fact, i'm going to attempt a similar challenge, by trying to turn $10,000 into $100 in 11 days... anyone wanna give me odds? anyone wanna race me?

gl peter.

well I've seen you turn €4,000 into zero in 90 minutes punting on newcastle :eek: so I'd advise anyone against taking you up on this

nicnicnic wrote: »
    well I've seen you turn €4,000 into zero in 90 minutes punting on newcastle :eek: so I'd advise anyone against taking you up on this

ok, ok.. we can insert a clause that i'm not allowed to punt on newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

in fact, i'm going to attempt a similar challenge, by trying to turn $10,000 into $100 in 11 days...

buying a house in Donegal with an aib mortgage doesn't count

ok, ok.. we can insert a clause that i'm not allowed to punt on newcastle

Marty I think it would be fantastic and great inspiration to us all if you take on the same challenge as Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Marty I think it would be fantastic and great inspiration to us all if you take on the same challenge as Peter
    ill take it on and inspire you nicky when you give me 2-1

• Advertisement

ill take it on and inspire you nicky when you give me 2-1

hmmmm ill lay you 2/5 to a tenner

i might try it too... i'll see how peter goes first

i might try it too... i'll see how peter goes first

Kid Negreanu's trying it too.

The key is to leave it open ended timewise, as per Chris Ferguson.

Peter's deadline is too restrictive, both in terms of when his head's right and when the games are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Grafter wrote: »
    Kid Negreanu's trying it too.

The key is to leave it open ended timewise, as per Chris Ferguson.

Peter's deadline is too restrictive, both in terms of when his head's right and when the games are good.

Agreed i think Peter needs to change that 11 week dead line, he might do it in 11 weeks if he didnt have that dead line hanging over him! Although like any irish college student he should leave it to the night before its due and then he'll start:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

Thanks Marty, and yes 11 weeks leaves it a lot tougher, if u had an open deadline i would assume that this would be achievable my nearly all winning online players. The fact that there is a deadline makes it a challenge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

Thanks Marty, and yes 11 weeks leaves it a lot tougher, if u had an open deadline i would assume that this would be achievable my nearly all winning online players. The fact that there is a deadline makes it a challenge :)

well we're all rooting for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

Good luck! I done something similar 100>20000 in 4 months. It got very frustrating towards the end, and I think I would of been quicker if I had applied proper BR man. Mtts can be a real boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

Thanks

Yes its me, I dont really know how many hours it will take tbh but i know its goin to be a grind. I could try a spin up playing with a few buy ins but i am goin to have a 15 BI rule which means at the start i am going to be playin 2c 4c :( what a grind :mad:.

I will play mostly cash and will obviously be playing all the nice freerolls boylepoker has to offer. When (If) i get to a $300-400 i will start playing some small buyin MTTs and a few sateliites for the bigger tournaments. Its gonna be tough but i am looking forward to a challenge!!!

the lovely freerolls require ipoints, sure playing 2/4c after a day you have only enough points for the 100freeroll until your playing 10c/20c you wouldnt be getting enough points to buy into the 600euro 250points freerolls. am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tipptop29

where in the promotion from boyles to its players in this event?

tipptop29 wrote: »
    where in the promotion from boyles to its players in this event?

If you lose $10000 to Peter within the time allowed, you get a FREE Sunderland shirt

• Advertisement

have 1 , waiting 4 another dont really need any more .its red and white strip which 4 a god fearing tipp man who doesnt watch the foreign game is a bit like wearing the colours of the auld enemy ..... cork

so whats the point of the promotion?

tipptop29 wrote: »
    so whats the point of the promotion?

The point of the promotion is to try and show that it can be done using bankroll management and trying to slowly build up a roll. Well thats the plan anyway.

Thanks for all the well wishes !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

The point of the promotion is to try and show that it can be done using bankroll management and trying to slowly build up a roll. Well thats the plan anyway.

So you decided against hitting no 17 on the wheel:p gl with it

but by give yourself 11 weeks doesn't that mean you wont be able to use proper bankroll theroy! can't wait for this though i'll def be railing you;)

pgodkin wrote: »
    but by give yourself 11 weeks doesn't that mean you wont be able to use proper bankroll theroy! can't wait for this though i'll def be railing you;)

well i hope to move through the first few levels pretty fast, i am actually thinking of playin sit and goes at the start instead of the 2c4c- if i get to 150 playin them then i can go straight into the big game that is 5c10c :)

And no fran i went against 17, not my fav number anyway.

well i hope to move through the first few levels pretty fast, i am actually thinking of playin sit and goes at the start instead of the 2c4c- if i get to 150 playin them then i can go straight into the big game that is 5c10c :)

Peter, multitaibling the $5+50c double or nothing sit'n'goes will keep you within your bankroll rules and should get you from 100 to 150 within a few hours.

if you go bust with the 11 weeks can u get another 100 bucks and try again?????

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

just for the laugh because i havint been playing on boyles or ipoker for a while i'm going to give this a go, what time are you starting pistol?

• Advertisement

pgodkin wrote: »
    if you go bust with the 11 weeks can u get another 100 bucks and try again?????

nope if i bust i bust - the plan is not to bust :)

Advertisement