Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MurphyMultiplier & Boyles

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

Donkathon wrote: »
    just for the laugh because i havint been playing on boyles or ipoker for a while i'm going to give this a go, what time are you starting pistol?

I started just after midnight, have had a decent few hours but my god is it a grind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

yeah seen that was watching a few $5 tourneys, ul with that q hight flush to the nut flush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Whatever about railing nose bleed levels on full tilt railing 5 dollar sngs fcuk me id be reaching for my shotgun.

well reach for it please!!!! SERIOUSLY PLEASE DO

yeah seen that was watching a few $5 tourneys, ul with that q hight flush to the nut flush

I made a bad push there but there was 4 to a str8 and was blind v blind so thought he was overvaluing his straight .

I have had so many seconds in those sit and goes, keep gettin dogged heads up :(

• Advertisement

is that you done for the day or are you going to get back to the grind later on? what you up now $30 i think it is on sharkscope that accurate?

is that you done for the day or are you going to get back to the grind later on? what you up now $30 i think it is on sharkscope that accurate?

gonna play a few more i think, i am up about $12 on cash as well and i have cleared $ 5 of my bonus :) i will finish in an hour or so - hope to get to $150 so i can play 5c 10c cash tomorro. After busting out of two sit and goes :(

well i'm off to get some kip, i'm going to try ur challege starting tomorrow 9pm, pm me if your on might get in on a sng

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Just adding to the thread to be kept up to date

john47832 wrote: »
    Just adding to the thread to be kept up to date

My blog is here http://boylepokerblog.com/index.php/category/murphys-multiplier and will be updated 2 or 3 times a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Congrats on the sponsorship well deserved and gl in the challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Peter just came 5th in the 5dollar freezeout for 100dollars or something like that. Top was 600+

His accounts on 300 now i think

HiCloy wrote: »
    Congrats on the sponsorship well deserved and gl in the challenge

Thanks Ruairi.

Yea account at 300 or so now, i will update the blog in a few hours when i finish up. I had a long tough weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

can you give a quick rundown of what you interpret to be the games you can play at the start on your $100 bank roll.

thechamp87 wrote: »
    can you give a quick rundown of what you interpret to be the games you can play at the start on your $100 bank roll.

With $100 i have a 15 BI rule so i could only start with 2c4c cash. In STTs i was playing 6 handed for the most part so using a 15 BI rule here the max stake is also $5. For MTTs i didnt intend to play any until i got into some profit but i would use a bigger BI rule here like 25-30 BI here.

Do you think i played outside my limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

15bi for STTs is way too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Mellor wrote: »

why

it sounds about right if you have a 6% ROI, and I'd say you can do more than that at the micros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Mellor wrote: »

For "can't afford to go bust, life depends on it", agree

For "easy stakes/games for me, gotta be aggro because it's a time limited challenge", disagree.

The second installment of Pete's blog confirms that it's a bit swingier than he perhaps expected, but the 100 to 1K was always going to be the hardest bit, especially if it's been a while since he played the micro stakes.

As much as we all know how hard it is to move up even one level, it's easy to forget how hard it is to move down that far and insta adjust.

I agree it might be a little short but i was playing 6 seater STTs which should be less variance filled i would assume.

Also 15 BI in cash is probably abit short also but at micro limits it should be enough to not go bust, well thats what i hope anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

The sour grapes to anyone with a bit of sponsorship is pretty funny.

Fwiw Id rather stick toothpicks in my balls than grind 2c4c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

The sour grapes to anyone with a bit of sponsorship is pretty funny.

Fwiw Id rather stick toothpicks in my balls than grind 2c4c.

I'd rather stick toothpicks in your balls than grind those levels too

I'd rather stick toothpicks in your balls than grind those levels too

Beginning to agree with this - finding it very hard to adjust and i think i am going a little bit crazy :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Beginning to agree with this - finding it very hard to adjust and i think i am going a little bit crazy :mad:

your sure to hit low points through this challenge, but you will come out the other end a legend if you pull it off, stick with it P, were all routing for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

can I ask what the reasoning is with with only playing during the night? (or are u playing through the day too?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Tables are better during the night when the "recreational" players are out in force (and the totally locked regs who do their balls). I wouldn't have thought that table selection would have been too much of a problem at the murky depths that is the super-micro stakes!

john47832 wrote: »
    can I ask what the reasoning is with with only playing during the night? (or are u playing through the day too?)

I play during the night because i am a sick individual i think, i never wake up in time so lately my sleepin pattern has been completely mess up.

I dont think i have ever been so frustrated with the game than i am at the minute, my balance is now at $78 and after being up over $300 this is a real set back. If i drop any more then this will be next to impossible :(

nicnicnic wrote: »
    your sure to hit low points through this challenge, but you will come out the other end a legend if you pull it off, stick with it P, were all routing for you

I think i am at my lowest point now, not only at my lowest balance but i am mentally drained :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Chin up Pete perhaps give the samaritans a ring? i personally have found it better than smashing laptops going on tilt etc.
    This kind of thing could really be detremental to your game i think but good luck with the rest of it.

• Advertisement

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Chin up Pete perhaps give the samaritans a ring? i personally have found it better than smashing laptops going on tilt etc.
    This kind of thing could really be detremental to your game i think but good luck with the rest of it.

Lol , thanks for the encouragement,but i dont think i need the samaritans just yet. Although i have been very close to smashing the laptop and i definately i have been on tilt on numerous occasions

Advertisement