Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MurphyMultiplier & Boyles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

I think i am at my lowest point now, not only at my lowest balance but i am mentally drained :confused:

keep your chin up mate, it wil all turn around

maybe take a break for a day and sort your head out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Lol , thanks for the encouragement,but i dont think i need the samaritans just yet. Although i have been very close to smashing the laptop and i definately i have been on tilt on numerous occasions
    Pete try and find any table that im on ,lately evry 1 is sucking out on me with crap cards and bad calls ,so if it's gonna continue it may as well be going to your effort's to achieve this goal.
    PS. I dont mean that you will be playing with crap or making bad calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

... i have been very close to smashing the laptop and i definitely have been on tilt on numerous occasions

welcome to my world

On a more serious note;

After reading your blog I was mystified to here you were trying to push people off hands in these low limits. Are you a mad man? Even if you don't think it is a lot of money, you can guarantee they don't. This is a bad strategy for these limits. It works fine in a big live tourney or higher stake cash games but not in lower limits. Most of the time the players are staying in with top pair any kicker.

You have to complete this challenge. How can any low limit player expect to do well if you can't. Do they just give up low limits totally. Stop playing poker. You have to shake yourself down get back in the game.

I am sure you are multi-tabling and we all know you can play tournaments. Why not do a Jesus ferguson on it and play the two freerolls on boards tonight. A couple of wins here would give you $100. This is far more than you have in your BR currently. As you currently have -ve ROI. freerolls may save you some of that $76.

Try a new strategy, play 10c/20c buy in and maintain for $6. play nit tight, raise 4*bb for premium hands. Pot it if you hit. Use your skill on river and turn. Leave table when you have $15/$20. Works for me.

Good Luck. If Boyles would do a separate account for me i would follow this strategy for low levels and then revert to more advanced play later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

big_iain wrote: »
    On a more serious note;

After reading your blog I was mystified to here you were trying to push people off hands in these low limits. Are you a mad man? Even if you don't think it is a lot of money, you can guarantee they don't. This is a bad strategy for these limits. It works fine in a big live tourney or higher stake cash games but not in lower limits. Most of the time the players are staying in with top pair any kicker.

You have to complete this challenge. How can any low limit player expect to do well if you can't. Do they just give up low limits totally. Stop playing poker. You have to shake yourself down get back in the game.

I am sure you are multi-tabling and we all know you can play tournaments. Why not do a Jesus ferguson on it and play the two freerolls on boards tonight. A couple of wins here would give you $100. This is far more than you have in your BR currently. As you currently have -ve ROI. freerolls may save you some of that $76.

Try a new strategy, play 10c/20c buy in and maintain for $6. play nit tight, raise 4*bb for premium hands. Pot it if you hit. Use your skill on river and turn. Leave table when you have $15/$20. Works for me.

Good Luck. If Boyles would do a separate account for me i would follow this strategy for low levels and then revert to more advanced play later.
    wat

mega multi tabling turbo sngs is by far the easiest and most obvious way to complete this challenge. theres really not a whole pile of stuff to be worked out. honestly estimate your roi at 6/9 man turbos at any stakes you will play. work out how much volume you will be able to put in and build your bankroll management around that. at those low stake sngs if your putting in huge volume you should be leaping tru levels. this challenge is really not that difficult tbh. the beginning will be the most difficult. once the $300ish mark is breached there shouldnt really be any problems for a capable player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

as much as i love this promotion Ian i wouldnt recommend it. Just a week in and Peter sounds like hes going insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

latest picture of Pete

tom+i+shot+jr.jpg

as much as i love this promotion Ian i wouldnt recommend it. Just a week in and Peter sounds like hes going insane.

Sounds like a challenge. It is like Hollaments said it is the first bit that is the hardest. I reckon i could get past that quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ill lay anyone at even money.

bohsman wrote: »

If i had 10K bankroll your even money prop would seem insignificant.

unless it was 5k or something:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

many pms yet;)

big_iain wrote: »
    Sounds like a challenge. It is like Hollaments said it is the first bit that is the hardest. I reckon i could get past that quite easily.

Now theres the flaw, if its so easy to grind $500 or 1k up to 10k in 11 weeks why arent you doing so every 3 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Now theres the flaw, if its so easy to grind $500 or 1k up to 10k in 11 weeks why arent you doing so every 3 months?

Even over a year thats only 40k - maybe off topic here but hows about a smidgen of education and a real job :D

time, effort and enthusiasm.

Easy to get to €500 may not be easy to go further. I never said it was easy to complete the whole challenge just the first part.

It would take 3 weeks for the first part and the other time to get to 10k.

I guess i should put my money where my mouth is shouldn't i. Instead of bitchin'

john47832 wrote: »
    Even over a year thats only 40k - maybe off topic here but hows about a smidgen of education and a real job :D

40k, add in rakeback, starting from higher than $100 means you should be doing it a lot faster. should be looking at 80k or so anyway.

Education and real jobs sound like a major waste of time tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Tell me about it - four years doing a degree and now four years completing my phd. And what do I have to show for it (at least, in monetary terms)? Nadda, heck with the recession I'm not even guaranteed a job at the end of it all.....

Still would not swap it for the life of a poker grinder though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

40k, add in rakeback, starting from higher than $100 means you should be doing it a lot faster. should be looking at 80k or so anyway.

Now 80k pricks my ears.... How many hours a day you talking?

If you look back to my actual argument you'll see that I dont think many people will succeed in this challenge. But theres certainly people grinding 100k+ on this forum at less than 40hrs p/w.

how much would you lay?

how much would you lay?

Let me see how my job interview goes next week. Currently $1 would be a bit steep, if I get a job $500.

• Advertisement

sigh

Too little? Im sure if you set it up youll get plenty of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Why dont bet on someone doing it, still get your gambling fix, dont have to do any work, plus which ever one loses has a new poker enemy!;)

how much would you lay?
    i will lay anything around tallantstown Danny
    :D

Too little? Im sure if you set it up youll get plenty of action.

i doubt ill get the action ill require. i was hoping from the way you were talking youd provide a lot of it but $500 wont really cut it

DAMO72 wrote: »
    i will lay anything around tallantstown Danny
    :D
    moving out of tallanstown tomorrow!!!!

moving out of tallanstown tomorrow!!!!
    where ya heading

DAMO72 wrote: »
    where ya heading
    where the heart is