Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MurphyMultiplier & Boyles

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

i kinda agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I wasn't aware that murphysmultiplier would be able to take part in beginner tables.
    Tut Tut

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that murphysmultiplier would be able to take part in beginner tables.
    Tut Tut

why not? its a new account, beginner tables arent for people just playin poker more so for people who just started playin on the site:)

pgodkin wrote: »
    why not? its a new account, beginner tables arent for people just playin poker more so for people who just started playin on the site:)
    As far as im aware Beginner tables are for people that are learning to play ,and these are provided to give them the chance to play against other beginners b4 they are thrown to the sharks.
    Now every1 knows that peter is neither learning the game or is new to the site , so therefore i dont think he should be playing in these games just because a new acc has been opened for the purpose of the challenge.
    That's just taking advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

As far as im aware Beginner tables are for people that are learning to play ,and these are provided to give them the chance to play against other beginners b4 they are thrown to the sharks.
    Now every1 knows that peter is neither learning the game or is new to the site , so therefore i dont think he should be playing in these games just because a new acc has been opened for the purpose of the challenge.

My challenge is to try to show how you can turn $100 into $10k, using bankroll management, the reason i play the beginner tables is for a few reasons, the first is that they seem to be a lot lot softer than the other games, secondly i find that they fill up very quickly allowing me to keep a decent number of tables running consistently and thirdly it discourages people from just sitting in whatever table i am at just to try and bust me and make me fail.

Now when i start to move up the levels obviously the beginner STTs will not be available but i think it is a good way to get off to the good start. And the beginner tables are not just for people trying to learn the game, i have seen a good few people multitabling these, so i dont see the problem with me playing these.

Thanks

• Advertisement

My challenge is to try to show how you can turn $100 into $10k, using bankroll management, the reason i play the beginner tables is for a few reasons, the first is that they seem to be a lot lot softer than the other games, secondly i find that they fill up very quickly allowing me to keep a decent number of tables running consistently and thirdly it discourages people from just sitting in whatever table i am at just to try and bust me and make me fail.

Now when i start to move up the levels obviously the beginner STTs will not be available but i think it is a good way to get off to the good start. And the beginner tables are not just for people trying to learn the game, i have seen a good few people multitabling these, so i dont see the problem with me playing these.

Thanks
    Pete you took on a challenge, and that has put you in the public eye. So you have to accept that people are gonna follow you and try to stop you completing it, I wouldn't condone any1 trying to target you to make you fail but i also think that you are taking advantage of the use of a new acc to play these tables. It's unfair to the people that need to play these and i think it will take away from your challenge somewhat.
    Just my opinion, Goodluck and i hope you get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

lol wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Eh anyone who opens a new account can play these beginner tables so why wouldnt Peter be able to?I dont get it-some imaginery code of ethics that hints that only beginners should play them?.
    Also dont see how people targetting you/trying to bust you will be a disadvantage. Infact could help make it easier for you in the grand scheme if there taking you on with any bag of spanners.
    As stated before not sure how benifical or not this challenge will prove to be but hope it goes well anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Pete you took on a challenge, and that has put you in the public eye. So you have to accept that people are gonna follow you and try to stop you completing it, I wouldn't condone any1 trying to target you to make you fail but i also think that you are taking advantage of the use of a new acc to play these tables. It's unfair to the people that need to play these and i think it will take away from your challenge somewhat.
    Just my opinion, Goodluck and i hope you get there.

Keep digging you might find a useful point to make at some stage but i very much doubt it.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

jbravado wrote: »
    Also dont see how people targetting you/trying to bust you will be a disadvantage. Infact could help make it easier for you in the grand scheme if there taking you on with any bag of spanners.

Yes i know it is probably benefical but in the early stages i am happy to grind a few dollars profit against somewhat poorer opposition, obviously when i move up i will probably have to encounter this at some stage and it should be advantageous as you say.

• Advertisement

Yes i know it is probably benefical but in the early stages i am happy to grind a few dollars profit against somewhat poorer opposition, obviously when i move up i will probably have to encounter this at some stage and it should be advantageous as you say.
    dont think this will be that big of a problem. your not exactly phil ivey. I think boyles % in the ipoker player pool is small enuf that your tables wont get swarmed by people wanting to bust you. I doubt a lot of boyles players even know about your challenge. Like you say you think this will happen at higher stakes sngs. I cant imagine anyone being that stupid to just spaz out and think im gonna try and bust peter murphy here. Even at $20sngs this wont happen. Also theyd have to be really stupid to think it would have any kind of effect on your overall achievement of the task.

opr wrote: »
    Keep digging you might find a useful point to make at some stage but i very much doubt it.

Opr
    So what point are you tying to make? Is this not a public forum for people to express their opinions. As i said its just my opinion , which i think i am entitled to have.
    Anyway as i have also expressed b4 ,Pete i wish you the very best of luck with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

So what point are you tying to make? Is this not a public forum for people to express their opinions. As i said its just my opinion , which i think i am entitled to have.
    Anyway as i have also expressed b4 ,Pete i wish you the very best of luck with it .

I think me and others, judging from responses found what you were saying to be pretty ridiculous. But of course everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

Taking advantage of those newbies he'll be robbing blinds next !

Opr

opr wrote: »
    I think me and others, judging from responses found what you were saying to be pretty ridiculous. But of course everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

Taking advantage of those newbies he'll be robbing blinds next !

Opr
    You have your opinion and i have mine , let's leave it at that .
    Kinda agree to dissagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

This is just plain ridiculous.
    Have you nothing better to be doing,than this nitpicking crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

eh damo.... u think hes gona turn 100 into 10k on beginner tables.... get a bleedin life. just showin u can start an acc in boyles and go from 100 to 10k.. he aint breakin any rules.. he obv hav to move up in stakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

new acc on boyles = being able to play beginner tables.....simple really

Ahh i see the wagons are circling , i guess its time for me to retreat when the big time charlie bloggers are having a go . LOL .^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ahh i see the wagons are circling , i guess its time for me to retreat when the big time charlie bloggers are having a go . LOL .^^^^

What does me have to do with blogging got to do with your ridic argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Calm down folks...

And someone give Hollaments the action he wants!!! How much action do you want Holla?

• Advertisement

What does me have to do with blogging got to do with your ridic argument?
    Jaysus Fran settle down ,your very paranoid , what makes you think i was talking about you , Them arrows could be pointing anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

This convo ends now chaps... back on topic.

I edited out the question in your post Damo as that convo is over now.

Ste05

Ste05 wrote: »
    Calm down folks...

And someone give Hollaments the action he wants!!! How much action do you want Holla?

like 30k probly more. i think i have like 10k already. 11 weeks is a pretty big commitment and ive got some stuff going on atm so i woudnt be able to commit to it in the foreseeable future so i dont want to mislead people into thinking if i got 30k action id start tomorrow. Id bet as much as i could really when the time was right because like 14-16 hours a day for 11 weeks 20 tabling is a full time job and id have to bet enuf so that it would be more than i could make playing say 5/10 over the same amount of hours. considerably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

HoLLLLaments, are you laying evens on this? If so, I might be interested in a couple of k... Depends on a few details. Most importantly, the monitoring of the bet by whatever site you do it with...

Flipper wrote: »
    HoLLLLaments, are you laying evens on this? If so, I might be interested in a couple of k... Depends on a few details. Most importantly, the monitoring of the bet by whatever site you do it with...
    no not evens. id have to hammer out the terms closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

I just read last few posts, what are you trying to bet 30k on? I might be interested :)

the whole amount? that would be pretty sweet. turning 100$ into 10k in 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

oh..hmm well def not for whole amount, but would be for a good % of it if i took some action. let me think about it. 3 months, you lodge 100 into one site and have 3 months to have your a/c balance at 10k?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Van Dice wrote: »
    oh..hmm well def not for whole amount, but would be for a good % of it if i took some action. let me think about it. 3 months, you lodge 100 into one site and have 3 months to have your a/c balance at 10k?

If its along the same lines as murphys one rakeback doesnt count.

• Advertisement

Van Dice wrote: »
    not sure of terms yet. Ill be able to play on multiple sites tho. more like i start with a 100$ roll and have 3 months to have a 10k roll. jump on msn

Advertisement